Thoughts on iTunes 7 interface

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iMacZealot, Sep 14, 2006.

1. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

I definitely think it's a departure from the Aqua buttons we've known for five plus years. This new interface doesn't really match the rest of Mac OS 10, but maybe we'll see some dramatic changes with the interface in Leopard next year.

Although, the new interface is cool, just not matching the rest of Apple.

2. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

I think the new interface is quite nifty, and may represent a departure from what some uneducated fools call the gay/cartoony look of Aqua (and there they sit with Areo! :rolleyes: )
    I hope they find a middle ground between the iTunes 7 look and aqua. Oh and brushed metal is soo 2004.

3. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

Yeah, I'd say I like the Mail 10.4 look the best that's being implemented into a lot of apps in Leopard. Brushed metal was cool at first, but it's been around for nearly 7 years as it was introduced I believe in iTunes 1 and QuickTime 4 or 5.

4. After G macrumors 68000

After G

I think the scrollbars in iTunes 7 are too flat. I would like them to be rounded rectangles instead of pills, closer to the current Aqua design. I hope Leopard has theming. Having each of these different UI looks as themes would be cool, so users could pick what they wanted.

I like the transparent scrollers but understand they should only be used when viewable content is below them. I just want Apple to use the QT7 controls when playing back video on iTunes, not the nasty Windows-esque crap they have on right now.

5. macenforcer macrumors 65816

macenforcer

itunes 7 is the biggest piece of crap to come out of apple in ages. Using the visualizer in XP almost crashes the system. Colors are horrible, the ommition of buttons leaves me pissed. The app is crap. wait for version 8. I uninstalled 7 and put 6 back on, so much better.

6. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada

I'm the complete opposite.

Itunes7 is the biggest piece of sick free software to come out of Apple in ages.

I don't touch the visualizer, interface is a sweet change from the norm, and the ommited buttons are not missed or even noticed by me. Coverflow view continues to make me sit and scroll and smile. The app is bad ass, and i'm super happy with it, although a stability upgrade will be nice, not that it's unstable on my system, but it seems to be for some users.

My only complaint, is I can't seem to drag cover art into the left most artwork box anymore. I have to get info>drag to the box>OK everytime now. Or use the right click>get artwork, or use Clutter (still my preferred method)