Thoughts on itunes new Resolution for Tv Shows

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macfan881, Sep 21, 2006.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

im just wondering what is your thoughts on Itunes newer Resolution Quailty over the old ones if u had bought shows from before and after. personally i think the new Reslolution is Very Good. My Bro Orderd FireFly off of itunes a few months before the announcment and ill say there ok good but not great yesterday I Bought Season 5 of 24 and watched 2 episodes from my ipod to the Tv 29" by the way and i have to say The quailty is Very Good almost look as sharp as watchin the series on dvd. i do plan on hooking up to my bigger tv downstairs and see how it looks on there wich is 40". id Like to hear your thoughts too

2. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

Looks better. I am not a fan of the increased download times nor the increased demand on hard drive space, but hey, it is a worthy tradeoff!:D

3. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

i agree thats why i got a external 80 gig hd :)

4. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

For me personally, I think I will always want to buy the DVD set of something over buying it from iTunes only. I want the good quality from the DVD for when I am watching it at home on my big tv, but I don't want to have to take up that much space on my harddrive nor my iPod for the same quality. I am perfectly fine with having all my videos in 320x240 on my iPod, they look great on there and good enough if I ever need to watch them on tv. If I really care enough about having the video from th iPod on a tv, I would just bring the DVD.

5. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Dont you automatically get that size included in your download?