Thoughts on next Gen iPod

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by fBaran, Feb 24, 2004.

1. fBaran macrumors regular

I thought up of what the next full size iPod wheel and buttons could be like.
    Same layout as the current 3G, but instead of the touch sensitive buttons, they could be like the ones on the miniPod.
    Also, to save some battery, I think they should allow a shut off of the screen after a minute or two. I mean, who stares at their iPod when they walk down the street. Although, I don't know how much the screen actually uses up, so it may not even be worth it.

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

The big question on my mind is whether the new iPod will make current iPod peripherals obsolete like the 3G iPod did with it's new remote and proprietary firewall plug.

3. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

i see

possible picture viewing with full color on the display. Maybe video too from video cameras wanting to free up space like the flash card reader thing did for still cameras.

4. Inspector Lee macrumors 6502a

Inspector Lee

I'd place my bet on anodized aluminum colors a la the minis. Let HP have the traditional white iPods. I don't think they could incorporate the aluminum coating and keep the color white. There has to be a reason why they chose the colors for the minis. And it is not based 100% on the commercials/ads because there is an orange ad and no orange mini. Personally, I would have picked up an orange mini in a heartbeat instead of the silver. From a pure color analysis perspective, I thought the pinks looked the best. But I don't expect all new iPods until at least the summer. They need to match the cineman displays with the powermacs first and foremost. I could see this being a real sore spot for Jobs right now.

5. mrviga macrumors member

I have both the miniPod and the 3g iPod and I really prefer the minis control scheme. i just love manual buttons, i dont know why. I do want to see improvements in the "on-the-go" playlists. Right now you can't delete individual songs from the playlist, so if you add one song you don't want accidently, you have to start all over. Not that big a deal, but not something that can't be easily incorporated into the next software update. I also hate that "ok to disconnect" thingy that pops up when you eject the ipod from your computer. It keeps you from using the iPods dock to play music from the iPod while its plugged in. again, not a huge problem, but annoying none the less.