Thread dedicated to whining about MWNY

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by tjwett, Jul 17, 2002.

1. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

Straight to Windows! My TiBook is up on eBay and I'm picking out a new AMD based beige box as we speak, maybe two. I'd rather deal with a sh!tty OS than waste any more money or time with the thieves at Apple. Anyone willing to pay $100 for iTools is on glue, or more likely, brainwashed by Apple's marketing tactics. Jaguar looks nice but I wouldn't insult it by trying to run it on any of Apple's current hardware offerings. This looked more like a televangelist trying to get into people's pockets than a technology expo. I'm outta here, atleast until things turn around. Farewell Macrumors and goodbye Apple. It's been real. Real expensive.

2. iGav macrumors G3

3. King Cobra macrumors 603

At least give me the Powerbook (if you feel that bad, I'll take it for free).

All right. That does it. For now, every time somebody confesses that they are switching they better damn well see this message:

[For those complaining about no PowerMacs and want to switch, calm down and think for a GD minute.] Do you really expect Apple to have updates after a certain amount of months? Look back to the Macs released after the San Fransisco Expo. Were you guys THAT disappointed? No. You were all happy. So what makes you think Apple won't do it again...make you happy?

So, plain and simple, if you are patient, you will be rewarded. If you are not patient and are not rewarded you are screwing yourself right to the :eek:. Apple knows EXACTLY what they are doing with these Expos. If they didn't, then why would there even be one? Apple has their PowerMacs just about ready for a few weeks time, but other buisness has to be pertained to first. That buisness is what you just saw at the NY Expo.

Again, you cannot keep expecting a new PowerMac to come out at an Expo. But you can expect a very satisfying update. Expect the best in the PowerMac falling under reason, and you most likely will get it. But these things do in fact happen at appropriate moments. I say this because there was plenty of other stuff at NY you could have seen, especially the iMac.

So don't expect everything to go your way, but expect everything to go the right way. As Apple's logo even states: "Think different." :cool:

4. job macrumors 68040

job

Hahahaha...These forums are a laugh a minute. Look what I found in the News Discussion Forum :

Hahahaha...:p

I have nothing against Linux, but all the things he mentions are done by Mac OS X perfectly well. :p :p

5. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

Ditching a platform because you don't want to pay for one of thousands of Mac compatible e-mail services??? Or maybe its because you need a P4 2.8 GHz chip for your internet browsing.

Makes sense.:rolleyes:

Taft

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Allthough I'm not exactly overjoyed with todays news I'm still happy with the product, that is, the quility of the hardware and the stability and ease of use of the software, and 10.2 should make things even better/faster.
    But, MWSF had better offer some damn good kit or there maybe many like tjwett. :(

7. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Good luck with the AMD system. If you have anywhere near the luck I've had with mine, you'll be back. I'll trade you my piece of crap PC for your TiBook.

8. job macrumors 68040

job

People like this make the forums all the more funnier. :D :D :p

9. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Oh, and just 1 more thing:

DON'T LET THE DOOR HITCHA ON THE WAY OUT FOOL!:p :p :p ;) :rolleyes: :D :p

10. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

All I can say is...

You will be back. I mean...seriously. What possibly do you need the power for at this very minute that would make you sell your tibook and use windoze.

I feel bad for you, tj. You will regret this, no joke

11. tjwett thread starter macrumors 68000

tjwett

Nah, switching because I need speed and current technology in a machine that's worth it's price and I simply can't afford to wait any longer. Wish I could but I can't. Just customized 2 kick ass systems for under $1400 and change each. And it's not for internet browsing. It's for network renders of After Effects and Combustion. I'll probably keep my PowerMac for audio production since I'm a Logic user. Maybe I'll be back for the G5...

Logging Off,

tjwett

12. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

13. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Re: I'm "switching" as we speak!!!

I hear the Wintel hardware is dirt cheap (and doesn't cost much either).

I also hear that it less expensive to use MS across the board, the 6 figure IT staff running my 2 Wintel computers tell me so. (and they have the nerve to say they won't support the Mac) :p

Good luck, in a year you should really be limber after all those ankle grabbing moments MS will put you through.

At least the MS Jelly you'll be using won't have that silly Apple aftertaste.

14. job macrumors 68040

job

Hahahahaha...That has to be at least the 30th time I've heard that today. Bwhahahaha...:p :p

15. ilikeiBook macrumors regular

ilikeiBook

:mad:

You evil traitor to your people! I hope your PC crashes the fist time you use it (Odds about 2:1). You will pay!!!!:mad:

16. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

Re: I'm "switching" as we speak!!!

what a drama queen!

-evildead

17. copperpipe macrumors regular

I'm switching too

that jaguar operating system looks terrible. yeah, i know that the rendevous technology is cutting edge, and the email program looks amazing, and itunes3 is awesome, and it's gonna be blazing fast and i could go on and on, but the processor speeds aren't gonna be as fast as an intel chip in at least three weeks! Ok, so when they do come out they will probably be faster than anything else out there but I got priorities! People, let me tell you, i would rather buy a computer now that will affect my life for the next 2-3 years based on what's happening now, not in three weeks! Sheesh. Hey what's an occasional crash or two throughout the day. Or even the most common solution in windows, wiping the hard drive. hey i say NO BIGGIE! Anyway, did you guys see how slow jaguar was running during the keynote? BOY OH BOY, it was a slug!

Guys, we gotta look at the SMALL PICTURE here! C'mon who's with us?!!

18. iwantanewmac macrumors 6502

well I agree a bit. they have all those amazing (really!) apps like itunes and zip to run it on. the dual GHZ is a laugh....really. (or it was really F****d up when I tried 1 at the apple store in Palo Alto). I'll just wait a bit.
    AND....why they hell are they giving 1 year of warranty for the new ipod now?
    and 4 months for the old 1? I think that's lame.....but that's apple for ya.
    they always have those kind of "stunts". And they should do something about those damn prices...that dual thingy costs 3300 EURO (without sales tax here). For those who don't know...the EURO trades for $1.01 now....
    It's just a bit sad....but hey that's apple for ya... (again)

19. Ifeelbloated macrumors regular

I can't believe these guys are having a fit about this. Then say that they're going to spend all this money in a Wintel or AMD system and then maybe come back for the G5 if it kicks ass? No, no, when it kicks ass? Why don't you save up and WAIT? Then you'll have the money to get that Dual G5 when it comes out. Jeez. We all know that the G5 is going to kick some serious ass and you'll all be kicking yourselves for you short-sightedness.

20. job macrumors 68040

job

Re: I'm switching too

So what you are essentially saying is that you have absolutly no paticence to wait a paltry 3 weeks. :rolleyes:
    Figures it's coming from someone who says Jaguar is slow.

21. kettle macrumors 65816

kettle

sycophantic Vs Drama Queen.

I think the real horror is - where else do I go?
    Apple have the best solution, Microsoft have the worst.

BOTH of them make you take it up the arse.

I just want what I paid for. If 10.1.5 happened to be as quick as 10.2 appears to be then I wouldn't have a complaint. If it doesn't have as many features then I pay to upgrade. I just resent the fact that features I have paid for, (an operating system) do not work efficiently. Why use big flashy windows, when they start stuttering every time you get more then three open at once. I paid 100 quid for the best solution and got a beta os.

Hey, but why should I complain to our Steve God Jobs when Microsoft couldn't do any better.

22. PCandMac macrumors newbie

Hey guys I need some help. I am into pretty heavy editing. Right now I use a sony P4, Adobe Premiere, but obviously it IS a PC and you know what that means. I LOVE Final Cut Pro 3. I wanted to see what would happen today... looks like no new Powermacs anytime soon. So I want to order a 966mhz PowerMac I believe. (I can't afford duals). I know this will hold up for what I use it for.

ARE there any powermacs coming next month you think?

Will Jaguar make it easier for me to network my PC and Mac?

If I order a mac tomorrow, will they ship OSX.2 with it? Or seperate? Or not at all? Thanks a lot!

I appreciate the help, If I get any! :)

23. mr.w macrumors regular

Whatever man... Apple doesn't want you either.

Infact you've already been replaced by one of the thousands of new mac users attracted to the 17in CONSUMER iMac's. (Apple is currently focusing on the consumer markets -> all of those "real people" adds)

New powermacs WILL comeout. I guess you just don't want to wait another 4-6 weeks.

To bad your AMD wintel boxes wont retain their value when infact you decide to trade them in for a new powermac...

24. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

Wait- Unless you need to finish a big project in the very near future. You will kick yourself in four weeks when/if they come out with something better.
    From my experience every time I buy something they upgrade within three weeks (I think it's internal Apple policy to follow my buying sprees and they laugh and watch me curse ) but you might have better luck. ;)
    Jaguar should allow for SMB browsing and VPN access, so more Windows friendly than ever. And it's likely that they will ship Jaguar with the NEW PowerMacs (august 24?).

25. Mr.Hey macrumors 6502

Mr.Hey

When the power mac come out next month I'll be :D at your dumb ass.