Threatens to kill judge, slashes his attorney. Way to go brainiac

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by srobert, Oct 7, 2004.

1. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Obviously there are quite a few 'braniacs' down there. How in the world did he get in the courtroom with a razor blade?

Well, I hope he gets some help and put away for a while....

D

3. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Quite frankly I'm amazed people like this exist. :rolleyes:

4. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Umm, can you guys even read? I swear sometimes. The guy was using insanity as his defense, which is immensely hard to do anymore-- judges hate agreeing with it. So, he just increased his chances of being found insane, and this outburst may have sealed the verdict. So yeah, he is a genius. He turned 0 chance into some chance.

You didn't even need to figure it out, the press did it for you.

paul

5. srobert thread starter macrumors 68020

srobert

Yeah. I read the whole thing before posting it. I still think that his act won't reduce his sentence in any way. If it does, then prepare yourself to see a lot more of butchery in the court romm in the coming years. And if he does get a lighter sentence, I petition to rename the "American Justice System" to the "American Baloney System" ^_^

By the way, I always value your input mr. paulwhannel. You always bring interesting viewpoints.

6. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Well for this to work in his favor the most, they would have needed to declare mistrial-- which the judge refuses to do, meaning the judge probably saw through this little performance. But this is a strategy that's been used before, with varying degrees of success... usually it's just an outburst tho, without any actual injuries.

I still say he had absolutely no chance of winning, and that this was a calculated and desperate attempt at regaining that chance. While I agree that he's still not going to win, I doubt he's any worse off for taking the risk... This was an intelligent thing to do, in a way. Perspective.

And thanks srobert, i'm not usually so bitchy-- :) One of those days.

paul

7. King Cobra macrumors 603

Yeah, acting insane, like trying to yell at your briefcase to have it talk back to you, or this:

He's not only insane, but he physically attacked his own lawyer in court. Congratulations to Williams for winning this award:

[​IMG]

8. srobert thread starter macrumors 68020

srobert

Sorry to disapoint you but Ballmer already won the award this week by constantly outdoing himself. See gazilions other threads about his ^_^.

9. King Cobra macrumors 603

I wanted to do an award that wasn't for a person who had anything to do with computers. It's way too easy to do that here.

10. srobert thread starter macrumors 68020

srobert

I see your point. Then we should do as they do with noble prizes and categorize:

- Ballmer prize of idiocy in the field of technology
    - Ballmer prize of idiocy in the field of arts and entertainment
    - Ballmer prize of idiocy in the field of everyday life
    etc...

Could work ^_^

11. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

I really like the field thing, maybe we could use differnt stupid people's names for the respective field.

12. kaylie_kipe macrumors member

Who attacks their own lawyer? It doesn't matter if you're using insanity as a plea...that's just wacko! It does make you wonder though...is he really insane or was he doing it to try to get off the hook?

13. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I imagine that it is a little bit of both. No sane person would do something like that. He certainly used his intelligence to go down the wrong road. Wonder if any heads will roll for allowing a razor into a courtroom.

I'd like to attack my lawyer. He just forwarded mail that was 2 months old.

Unfortunately he (my lawyer not the topic) seeems to be the best of a bad lot.

Later