Three Cheers for Aspyr

Discussion in 'Games' started by mowogg, Jan 13, 2005.

1. mowogg macrumors 6502

mowogg

Has anybody taken a moment to think about how great Aspyr has been over the last three or so years?
    They have brought most of the big name games over to the Mac platform and have done so brilliantly.
    I'm thankful for Aspyr for building the ports for Call of Duty and MoH, my two favorite games. They also are bringing over Doom 3 which is one of the most anticipated games of the year. Can't wait for that one!
    I have no affiliation with Aspyr, but I really appreciate wht they are doing. Too often forums are the place to say what we don't like about a company, I thought It would be nice to talk up a company that I do like.

Next: Griffin Technologies!

2. KREX725 macrumors regular

You are so right. Considering how it was ten years ago when it was pretty much left up to the individual companies to port a game to Mac (with exception to MacPlay and a few others), I'm very pleased with Aspyr.

I'm still playing CoD as much as I did when I picked it up in May, although I'm now more hooked on UO of course!

3. Converted2Truth macrumors 6502a

Converted2Truth

The only thing Aspyr is doing with doom3 is the publishing.

But i'm right there with you guys. I too am very thankful for the games they bring to the platform. Without Aspyr, we wouldn't have nearly the selection we do. I'm pretty excited for Men of Valor... too bad it's been delayed so much. Better late than never i guess.

So Aspyr, will Star Wars: Battlefront use GameSpy?

4. parrothead macrumors 6502a

parrothead

While appreciate Aspyr for bringing these games to the Mac, they can be really frustrating about release dates. Back when Rush Hour (Sim City 4) was supposed to come out it kept getting delayed. It finally came out two or three months after it was supposed to.

5. mattmack macrumors 6502a

mattmack

I can forgive them for letting release dates slip because thay are putting out fairly well tested ports and their track record has been phenomenal in regards to amount of ports

6. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

A 21 gun salute! :D

.... as my favorite games are the MOHAA and COD series.

I agree with cheering Aspyrs tremendous contribution to Mac gaming.
    But also the others like Feral, Laminar Research, Blizzard, Freeverse, MacPlay, MacSoft...

But there is only one way to show your gratitude: Go out and buy those games!