Three Mobile (UK)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by harveypooka, Sep 16, 2006.

1. harveypooka macrumors 65816

I was with Three mobile about a year ago and they really were quite bad. Customer service was poor, coverage was weak and patchy - rubbish. After a year with 02, Three's cheap prices seems attractive and they stock the N80 that I want. So, what is Three like now? Would you recommend them?

2. lexus macrumors 68000

lexus

Stay away

3. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

I've gone back with them.

I've got the first 6 months cashbacked to half price, and the second 6 months half price via a bill credit (automatically). Its an 18 month contract, but after 12 months I can reduce it to the bare minimum, anyway.

The coverage has improved in my area.. a lot! (the middle of nowhere).

I'm not too keen on customer services, but I haven't had to ring them more than twice, including when I was on my other contract.

If you want a good deal, and cheap - then they're OK, just not for the customer service.

4. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

Anything I've heard from friends and family who went with Three was never good.

5. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

6. MIDI_EVIL macrumors 65816

MIDI_EVIL

Stay away.

They're on the verge of bankruptcy, as they spent so much on advertising.

Rich.

7. macOSX-tastic macrumors 6502a

macOSX-tastic

i'm pro O2. ive been with them for ages and the only thing that has interrupted my calls are tunnels and battery life. :)

S

8. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

9. StokeLee macrumors 6502

StokeLee

Ive been on three,,, They still have teething problems. Ive done O2, and Orange, and Vodafone. but now im on T-Mobile. The FlexT tariff i find is brilliant. No set call mins, or txt, or mms,, An allowance each month, to spend on what want. its pretty good. Where i live the coverage is decent, and allows video calling, but the tariff doesnt cover this.

10. iGav macrumors G3

It's easy to remember it this way...

Vodafone = Suits
    3 = Look at my new videofone, what do you mean no one ese has one? it's 2003 isn't it?
    O2 = Pay As You Go RULZ!!!
    T-What?

Ultimately... Orange will save you. ;)

11. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

STAY WITH O2, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

I have two o2 phones. When the time came to upgrade/renew one of them, I was going to cancel and move to Orange. I told them this, and they upgraded me from 200 minutes and 100 texts (for £25) to 500 minutes and 300 texts, for £15 a month!

This meant the other phone was now surplus to requirements, so I called up to cancel. They offered me 100 minutes and texts a month for NOTHING. Absolutely free.

Phone companies will do almost anything to keep you as a customer, even if it's give you free things.

Whatever you do, stay away from Vodafone.

12. harveypooka thread starter macrumors 65816

Well, I'm staying away from Three then! I never ever ever ever used video calling ever. Either did my friends on Three. Even with free minutes.

Two bad experiences with 02:
    1) They sent me a letter from a debt collection agency asking for £120. They somehow had double charged me during the last few months, taken it off, put it back and messed up. I was angry - sorted that out though, didn't pay a penny.

2) Just (last Sat) ordered the N80, 500 mins and 200 texts for £17.50 a month. Said I'd get it in 2 days. Still hadn't came today, called them - no order had been placed. Mysterious!

Going to wait till Monday as the P990i is being released. The N80 costs £149.99 on contract (a quick check of 02.co.uk) so *hopefully* they'll give me the P990i - I doubt it, but hey.

Sony Ericcson simple have the best UI's out there. Highlights for me (what a saddo I am): the torch and the alarms! Haha!

Any tips to try and get it? Know of any fantastic deals out there?

13. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

What's the deal with these names? 3? 02? What sort of names are those?

At least ours here across the pond are "words".

14. iGav macrumors G3

'3' were the first 3G carriers in the UK, hence the name.

Not sure on O2, though they used to be called mmO2, and before that BT Cellnet, and before that Cellnet, though they're only now just recovering their reputation after the BT period.

15. harveypooka thread starter macrumors 65816

Haha, disdain towards names. And what's so "hot" about "words"?

16. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

I miss the torch on my K750i, but I don't miss the ****ing navigation stick.

17. harveypooka thread starter macrumors 65816

I here you. It just is a BAD idea. Have a joystiq that constantly gets battered in your pocket, wedged into one corner and expect it to work?! No! USE A PAD!!!!

18. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

I'm not saying that words are hot, they just make more sense and sound better than numbers for a company's name.

19. harveypooka thread starter macrumors 65816

Really? Hmmm. It dosen't bother me that much. I'll admit 865745839 as a company name is crap, but 02 dosen't bother me. They have this whole ad campaign thing of water you see...