Three Monitors with Aperture

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by cnstoll, Nov 3, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

Hola,

Does anyone know if it's possible to get Aperture to use three monitors? Even a mirror of a photo on two of them, or a grid, and two comparison photos would be great.

Anyone know if that's possible?

Thanks,

- Conrad

2. macrumors 68020

Prodo123

AFAIK Aperture doesn't even support dual monitors.
    Apple sucks at multi-monitor setups in general, so this was relatively unsurprising for me.

3. macrumors 6502

Padaung

Two monitors are definitely supported, have a read of this link:
    http://www.apertureexpert.com/tips/2012/5/4/secondary-display-views-in-aperture-3.html

My favourite setup though is to select an image, press 'F' to bring the image up fullscreen on my main monitor, and then press 'H' to bring up the floating hud for adjustments, metadata etc and the '`' (tilde key) to bring up the loupe and have that set to 100% so I can check sharpness. I have the hud and loupe on my second screen.

Hope that helps. I've never had 3 screens at my disposal, so can't comment on what could be possible then - or instead of part of the Aperture interface, maybe have your email client or web browser there?

4. macrumors 6502

AxisOfBeagles

Sucks? huh? I've never tried 3, but I use dual monitors all the time on my Macs - and it's as easy as can be. Depending on the model, you use a thunderbolt or mini-DVI or whichever connector is appropriate for that model, then go to displays in systems preferences and set up the second as you wish. Piece of cake.

As for taking advantage of a second or 3rd monitor with Aperture, that's maybe a bit trickier. To my knowledge, Aperture does not allow the user to open images in a separate window, which is the best way to use that second monitor.

5. macrumors 6502

jadot

Apple supports dual monitors shock. AFAICT you actually suck at knowing what you're talking about.

(MRs : Attachments displaying upside down? Click through to display correct orientation)

Attached Files:

6. macrumors 68020

Prodo123

I do know what I'm talking about.
    Macs suck at multi-monitor setups since full screen mode is restricted to one screen only. Windowed mode, it's the same as any operating system, which is to say pretty basic.
    As for dual monitor setups, I suppose it's an issue of mismatched resolution that's messing with my setup as it has never worked properly for me.

7. macrumors 68020

mulo

its just you, mismatched resolution is working and has been working for me for years.

8. macrumors 68020

mulo

its just you, mismatched resolution is working and has been working for me for years.