Three months and totally happy!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by BilltheCat, Apr 1, 2007.

1. BilltheCat macrumors regular

Jan 14, 2007
    Sanford FL
    Picture this: It's November and my Dell has died. will not boot. I use the wife's work laptop just to get mail and such. I look up the dell website and find out my model dell has/had a problem with the bios and motherboard but is not covered! It's 3 yrs. old and thousands of folks are hit just like me. dead dead dead. Dell said tuff. buy a new one.

well At that same time I ended up here looking around. I wanted to know about the mac. I knew almost nothing. I read this forum like a demon.

I found that some of the same little issues crop up like pc's. It boots this or that sometimes because of bad ram. How do I do this or that? same stuff.

But what I really found is the almost crazy loyalty to Apple. Nobody in pc's likes Gates. Hate him royally for being such a nudge! But most just love the Steve here! Jobs is the real deal.

Well based on nothing but the way you folks love your Apple product, and my appreciation for something that just works, I bought my first mac. This iMac!

I have been learning slowly and didn't even know about the unix link to the OSX. It is a big plus to me!

Thank you for being here to teach me what life with Apple is like. I love my iMac and just cannot believe it's so quiet! The Dell sounded like a jet engine!

Why did it take so long?
  2. someguy macrumors 68020

Dec 4, 2005
    Still here.
    Welcome to The Cult™. We think you'll be very happy here.

Now go on. Drink the Kool-Aid.
  3. Reflow macrumors 68000

Mar 30, 2005
    Well that's Dell for ya. They know about a problem and they won't solve it..