Three-way Video iChat Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Ozman712, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Ozman712 macrumors member

Mar 6, 2006
    Two friends and I all just got new Macbooks and we want to try to three way video conference. Problem is it won't work. When any of us start it two of us can connect then when we try to add the third person it says that "video conference already in session." One thing that is different on one of my friends icons next to her npicture on the buddy list the video icon is by itself with no shadow. My icon as well as my other firend's has three shadows behind the video icon. We all have plenty of bandwidth, so I don't know what the problem is. Any help would be appreciated.

2. dav macrumors 6502

Jun 29, 2004
    A stack of icons means that the user is capable of multi-chatting. If there is only one icon, they cannot participate in a chat with more than just them and another.
  3. Ozman712 thread starter macrumors member

Mar 6, 2006
    I understand that, but I need to know why this is like that and what I can do to fix this problem.
  4. jaxstate macrumors 6502a

Apr 13, 2006
    You got to have major bandwidth to do 3way video chat. I'm thinking you need at least 384 up and down. The down part shouldn't be a problem, but the upstream might.
    Here you go, I found this on apple's site.
  5. Ozman712 thread starter macrumors member

Mar 6, 2006