Thrown of a overpass

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by virividox, Jun 11, 2004.

1. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Man, that is horrible. At least it was, presumably, quick. You have to wonder what could possess someone to do that. I suspect it was, to an extent, premeditated. I would guess the two knew each other.

<Edit>Obviously, they knew each other. I missed the "their Mercedes" part of the story.</Edit>

2. CAM macrumors newbie

3. dopefiend macrumors 6502

This happened not too far from me. I'm suprized it made it to cnn. :eek:

4. virividox thread starter macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    hahah just playin around.

either way it doesnt matter where it happened, its still tragic and a really sick way to go

5. radhak macrumors regular

This is all because of George Bush’s policies and the iraq war, as clearly shown by the name of the road, and being in GWB’s home state.

:D

couldn’t resist.

6. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

Yeah, I work a few blocks south of there (North of Campbell&75). As shocked as I am, I am a bit apprehensive about who it was. I am afraid it might be someone known locally that will affect even more people.

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I dunno, from the article...

8. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I mean quick for her... I'm not too bothered by his suffering - assuming he was conscious - since he did the throwing....

9. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Oh i see. My bad.

10. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

This is certainly a horrendous unspeakable crime. The man took the cowards way out. It sounds as though he may have suffered. I pray that the women never knew what happened to her. My prayers go out to her family and friends. I also pray for the man's family, it must be devastating for them also. :(

11. mj_1903 macrumors 6502a

mj_1903

That is such a horrible crime, but to throw someone off an overpass where you could potentially hurt others is even worse.

If she had been throw 0.05 of a second later she would have landed on the windshield of the oncoming car and most probably killed the driver and passenger.

12. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

wrong bush. . . i live in the area. . . the road is named after george bush (the first one) not george W bush.

it was pretty shocking and tragic on the news here. but how horrible would that be to be driving along and have someone apparently fall out of the air and hit your car?!