Thumbnail Photos missing from camera roll

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by s8film40, Nov 13, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502

s8film40

About half of the thumbnails in my camera roll have mysteriously disappeared the photos are still there because when I flip through the photos I see them but the thumbnails are gone. If this were one of my other photo albums I would just take the photos off and add them back to see if that works. Anyone ever seen this before or no how to fix it its not a major problem but its a little annoying. Heres a photo its bad quality but you get the idea.

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 601

HiRez

Weird, never seen that. What happens when you power down and reboot the phone (I mean really power it down, not just sleep it)? Or resync?

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

s8film40

I tried that and nothing changed I also resynced it. I thought about restoring it but I dont know if it would be worth going through all that.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

s8film40

I have taken new photos and all thethumbnails have shown up so it only seems to have affected the older ones. I'm thinking that this might have happened when I restored my iPhone but is there a way to resyncthe photos from the backup.

5. macrumors newbie

This happened with a couple of 'events' in my iPhoto library.

The way I fixed it (using iPhoto '08) was to open the iPhoto Library package (right-click 'show package contents') and find the cache of optimised images for iPod or iPhone. If you trash that, next time you try and sync in iTunes it's forced to rebuild the cache. That sorted it for me.

6. macrumors 6502

Could you get into a little more detail with that? I removed the iPod Photo folter from the package contents, but when I reopened iPhoto it didnt seem to recreate it. And I dont want to eff up my iPhoto stuff. I reallllllly dont.

7. macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

I have never seen this on my iPhones but I have seen it in iPhoto for several versions. Weird.

8. macrumors newbie

After trashing the cache from the pacakage contents, I went straight back to iTunes. Didn't touch iPhoto at all. Rechecked photo sync options and then plugged in the iPhone. It then rebuilt the cache and everything was there.

9. macrumors regular

tooshaggy

I could not find a cache folder in the package. Can somebody help me find it please!!???

10. macrumors P6

-aggie-

It's a hidden file.

11. macrumors regular

tooshaggy

I have tried what you recommend, but its still not fixed!!!