Thumbnails no longer display.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by liquidtrance123, Jun 28, 2005.

1. liquidtrance123 macrumors member

Ok last week everything was fine. Tonight I just noticed when I goto my Desktop Pictures folder, none of my wallpapers are showing up as thumbnails. I remember a few days ago I had to reset the default opening program back to "preview" as another application took over. Preview was faster so I set Preview back to default application. Well now some wallpapers show thumbnails but most do not. Like 3 of my 20 wallpapers are showing thumbnails. I looked at permissions, and settings under "Get Info" but I can see no difference. Did I change a setting somewhere and it killed some thumbnail association somewhere?

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Try opening the files in Preview and closing them again.

3. Linkjeniero macrumors 6502

The solution rainman gave you just works with one picture at a time... a little slow is you ask me :).
    To get them all fixed: right click (or ctrl click) on the picture, select Open with - other ; you'll get a list of programs. Select Preview, and check the "Always use this application" box that's on the bottom. Then hit Accept, and that's it.

4. zakatov macrumors 6502a

zakatov

see this thread for complete problem description:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=134514

5. liquidtrance123 thread starter macrumors member

I owe you a beer :D thanks a bunch :D
    I wonder why the files started opening in ColorSync Utility to begin with?! hmm

Thanks again! :D