Thunderbird, Address Book, and G4

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stevietheb, Jul 14, 2006.

1. stevietheb macrumors 6502a

stevietheb

Howdy All,

So, I've recently decided to go IMAP for all of my accounts. I feel like Thunderbird, overall, operates more smoothly than Mail when it comes to this. The major drawback, of course, is lack of Address Book integration. I have seen G5 optimized builds of Thunderbird with an Address Book patch. This works great on my iMac. However, I'd like to have the same setup on my iBook. Does anyone know of a G4 optimized build of Thunderbird with the Address Book patch? OR, any other build (not necessarily G4 optimized) with the Address Book patch that would work on my iBook?

As always...Thanks a lot!

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

Out of question, have you tried this build:

http://vafer.org/blog/20060417133832

(I haven't, but it's what people keep pointing to. I don't use TB myself, and I'm not putting a custom build into a production environment, but it'd sure be nice if this feature made it into the official builds.)

3. stevietheb thread starter macrumors 6502a

stevietheb

Yeah, I've tried that one. It ran with several MINOR bugs that annoyed me. For example, when viewing a message, the header had a white background (should be that grayish-blue color) which made it hard to distinguish between header and content. This is minor...but, I'd rather go with Mail for the time being.

Thanks

4. howesey macrumors 6502a