Thunderbird & iCal?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GoldenHoya, Jun 23, 2005.

1. macrumors newbie

Hey all,
    I'm becoming a big fan of iCal, but haven't liked Mail the few times that I've used it (was on PC until a few months ago and got used to Thunderbird there, still use it now). Is there a way that I can get all the email functionality of iCal to work with Thunderbird? Or can it only work with Mail? Thanks!

2. macrumors 6502a

Brother Michael

I would assume that whatever it is you are trying to do, it would only work with iApps.

That said, I love Thunderbird, and wish it would work with my address book as opposed to its own address book...or at least had the same LDAP client functionality as mail (what I mean is, in Mail as I type a name, the LDAP server begins narrowing down the results on BG's network for the email addy. Thunderbird doesn't do it quite the same)

Mike

3. macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

4. Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

If you've sat the Default Email Reader (in Mail -> Preferences -> General) to Thunderbird, won't iCal just use that instead of Mail for invites and confirmations...?

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

See, that's what I thought, but it's not working correctly. Everytime it comes to a reminder (which I can see being really useful) in iCal it tries to use Mail.
    How is Mail to use anyway?