Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoldenHoya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
Berkeley, CA
Hey all,
I'm becoming a big fan of iCal, but haven't liked Mail the few times that I've used it (was on PC until a few months ago and got used to Thunderbird there, still use it now). Is there a way that I can get all the email functionality of iCal to work with Thunderbird? Or can it only work with Mail? Thanks!

Brother Michael

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2004
I would assume that whatever it is you are trying to do, it would only work with iApps.

That said, I love Thunderbird, and wish it would work with my address book as opposed to its own address book...or at least had the same LDAP client functionality as mail (what I mean is, in Mail as I type a name, the LDAP server begins narrowing down the results on BG's network for the email addy. Thunderbird doesn't do it quite the same)

Mike

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
If you've sat the Default Email Reader (in Mail -> Preferences -> General) to Thunderbird, won't iCal just use that instead of Mail for invites and confirmations...?

GoldenHoya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
Berkeley, CA
See, that's what I thought, but it's not working correctly. Everytime it comes to a reminder (which I can see being really useful) in iCal it tries to use Mail.
How is Mail to use anyway?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.