Thunderbird password help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Dane D., Oct 25, 2006.

1. Dane D. macrumors 6502a

How do I set Thunderbird to ask for a password on either startup or get mail. I don't like passwording my stuff, but my kids are at that age where I need to. Right now I do not enter a password, I just hit get mail and it works. I have looked through the prefs and account settings. Went to Mozilla and didn't find that helpful. :(

2. Lakeside macrumors newbie

To delete a saved login password in Thunderbird go to Preferences > Privacy > Passwords > View Saved Passwords.

3. Dane D. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, I'll try when i get home from work. I'm glad to see it wasn't something like editing the code like I saw on Mozilla's web site.

4. Lakeside macrumors newbie

5. glazeginger macrumors newbie

How to set password on Thunderbird for Mac

Hello,

I just found out that my password for thunderbird isn't work even though the login had been successfully gone through. I put in my password each time to access my email, BUT, if I click 'Cancel' instead of 'OK', it stil allow me to access fully into my email and every single folder. I wonder why this is hapening? Can anyone tell me why?

Please help ASAP :(

Thanks!

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

master password only protect passwords, it does not protect your email.

You can change your server from pop to imap which would require password to access your email content since they are not on local drive anymore.

7. glazeginger macrumors newbie

Thank you for your reply.

I tried it out to change the server setting from 'pop' to 'imap' and result was:

1) When I click 'Cancel', I stil got access into my entire emails.
    2) I did not receive any incoming mail until I change it back to 'pop'

I wonder what went wrong?

Thanks again.