Thunderbolt to HDMI?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by lionsfan, Jul 21, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

I just bought a 13" MBA and was wondering how I could connect it to my TV which only takes HDMI. What cables and coverters do I need? I am also hoping to transmit audio to the tv.

thank you

from google searches I can only come up with mini display port to hdmi cables and then a seperate audio cable from the headphone jack on the laptop to the tv

2. macrumors P6

Intell

You need a mini-DisplayPort to HDMI adapter. Because you have a 2011 Macbook Air, you can do audio over mini-DisplayPort.

3. macrumors 6502a

4. macrumors 6502a

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks a lot!! I never knew that thunderbolt supported audio

6. macrumors 68040

I would think any HDMI cable would. I'm debating whether I should purchase a Thunderbolt-to-HDMI cable for my LED HDTV. I'm sure it would look great, I just don't see myself using the Mac desktop on it.

I'm going to have a big video library on my Air, so maybe in that way I'd get some use out of it sometimes.

7. macrumors regular

Chopstick217

8. macrumors member

9. macrumors 65816

You can try amazon. I got my minidisplay port to hdmi adapter for $5.52 : ) love watching my UK Top Gear torrent videos on my 37in lcd tv... pretty cool looking at 720p downloaded content with sound using my 2010 mba 11 in.

10. macrumors 65816

Yumunum

Do what everyone else says (Buy a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI cable/adapter) That's what I'm going to do.

But what sucks... Is the fact that Front Row is freakin' gone in Lion