Thurrott loves him some FUD

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by treblah, Jul 25, 2005.

1. treblah macrumors 65816

treblah

Link

And this is how we learn it is a Windows only worm/virus that users are blindly clicking on because it is named "ITUNES.exe". We also learn it has absolutely nothing to do with OS X or how iTunes is coded. Ugh, read further down where he says Apple 'stole' Konfabulator. :rolleyes:

Link

2. Nickygoat macrumors 6502a

Nickygoat

What a moron. The fact that it doesn't run on OSX but on Windows, exploiting Windows vulnerabilities, seems to be lost on him. Naming a virus after a popular app doesn't make the OS insecure it just targets people who are too stupid to download software. What I don't understand is why someone woud use IM or P2P to download a free app :confused:

3. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I sometimes wonder whether there are two Paul Thurrotts.

Last week, he recommended Macs because of their security and this week, he's blaming Apple and their lack of security for a Windows virus that's got nothing, aside from its opportunist name, to do with them.

That's some bipolar disorder... ;)

4. treblah thread starter macrumors 65816

treblah

The problem with Thurrott is that he has 3 different websites. WinSuperSite, Win IT Pro, and his blog Internet-Nexus. He rarely discusses Apple on WinSuperSite because it's all about Windows. He looks at both sides of the story on WinITPro because he is supposed to be acting like a journalist. The story you mentioned for instance. But with the Nexus he writes what he actually thinks without having to answer to an Editor or Advertisers. This is where is most brazen MS fanboy persona really comes out. ;)

5. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

6. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

I'm certain any pro-Mac article from Thurrot is only so he can claim he's not completely biased before launching into another huge pro-MS/anti-Mac tirade...*yawn*

7. savar macrumors 68000

savar

My Email To Paul Thurrott

My personal email to paul@thurrott.com:

I'll post any reply I get.

8. Bibulous macrumors 6502a

Sells newspapers...er web hits

treblah, great link, why this is a great site