thursday already......

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by taytho, Jul 6, 2006.

1. taytho macrumors 6502

so for many of us in the states this has been a short week due to our Independence Day...... so most people had tuesday, if not monday as well, off.

Does anyone else feel like this has been a really long week......

i was celebrating our independence pretty hard (i am actually living in a city named independence) this week so there is a good chance that had something to do with it. nothing like grilled food, fireworks, and cool refreshing beverages. yay.

2. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

I keep thinking its Wednesday. Oh well, that just means tomorrow will be twice as nice!

3. Tanglewood macrumors 6502a

Tanglewood

What day is it?! Thursday?! S*** I'm late for work!

4. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Gee you guys are slow. :rolleyes:

It's already friday here. :D ;)

5. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

It's been a full week for me, as usual. July 1st was our national holiday so I took the Friday off, and have had a full week this week like any other. It has been slow though, due to some people taking Monday off as well, people taking summer vacation, and then of course all the companies I deal with in the US who were celebrating the July 4th holiday.

6. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I keep telling you guys that you're on the wrong side of the equator :) Of course with that said I would move to Australia in a heartbeat :)

Ed

7. taytho thread starter macrumors 6502

whoa, a message from the future!!!

I was always amused by international time zone differences. my girlfriend studied south of London for 5 months (and is back and i dig that completely) but when we talked it always seemed kinda like i was talking to someone from the future...... yep.... easily entertained and i love it.

8. Tanglewood macrumors 6502a

Tanglewood

I actually feel more in a time warp and it is really Tuesday of a normal week and I have three more days of work before the elusive weekend gets here.

9. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Thursday? Don't I know it... :mad:

Deadlines, dammit.

10. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

This is good...tomorrow will be Friday and I will be off then its party time...yeah!

Bless

11. 7on macrumors 601

7on

hooray Independence!

This week was short! Though next week will be long as hell. The girl is coming in next weekend (back from summer studies in Vienna) so the entire week will be leading up to the weekend. And I gotta get the apartment all shiny. :eek:

12. iGary Guest

iGary

I have a lot of **** due tomorrow...and I am not even close.

I feel BV's pain. :mad:

13. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Yeah, no kidding. I could use another 3 days this week.

I have to go to Los Angeles next week with 3 projects needing approval from the State Architects office. I'm so screwed right now...

14. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

I love weekends:D Only one more day, and only 9 more hours of work till freedom:D

This week actually seemed shorter "ducks to avoid bricks"

15. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

I got thrown out of the office tonight by the cleaners who wanted to lock up.

I'm not doing anything as ambitious as you but boringly checking and marking up separations for a 180pg book that has to go press on Tues... but it's really all the pointless meetings that get in the way of work being done.

16. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

Maybe you should schedule a meeting to discuss alleviating your meeting schedule. But you might need to schedule a meeting with HR to set up the first meeting.

17. jdechko macrumors 68040

Ditto. And tomorrow's Friday (obviously) which means PAYDAY!!! (And tomorrow night a trip to the theater for Pirates 2. :D :D )

18. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Uncanny. Do you work in my building? :eek:

19. 4God macrumors 68020

4God

Yeah, I purposely cleared my schedule for this week for exactly that reason.
    It seems difficult to get back on track when there's a holiday near the middle of the week.

20. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Not so much ambition as terrible timing. Call it a perfect storm of needed approvals.

Plus the client's got $2million in state funding riding on getting approval finalized by the 20th for one of these puppies, so no stress, right?

21. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

Nope. Same problems.