Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kakkoiimac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 29, 2006
Paradise
I was just looking for a calculator that acts like a TI-83. I would like a calculator where you can type in exactly what you would write down when you work out the math by hand. I also like to be able to look back at the exact expression i typed in to easily see if i made a mistake. For example:

*6.8+log(.08/.02)* (shown on a screen)

I used a TI 83 all through high school and loved it. Yet now that I am in college, i have no idea where that calculator went. I have used calculator.app but it just isnt quite there. Any suggestions on applications would be a great help. thanks

kakkoiimac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 29, 2006
Paradise
I have looked at grapher a little bit. Maybe i dont know how to use it fully, but it seemed like i had to add a new equation every i just wanted have it compute an expression. I like how i can just type in numbers and stuff...i just wish it the interface didnt automatically set it as y=...

i guess i just know the ti interface and was wondering if there was something pretty much similar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.