Tibook Battery not charging. Help

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Macpoops, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Macpoops macrumors 6502

I just got my powerbookG4 back from repair about 2 weeks ago and now out of the blue my battery doesn't seem to charge. I went to unplug it and it goes immediately to sleep. When i plug it in it just says calculating forever and it's always at 0%. I've just upgraded to 10.2.4 and i have reset the power management with the reset button but still nothing. Any ideas before i call apple tomorrow. Cause i'd rather not have to try to function without my computer for yet another week.

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

i don't know how hard they are to crack open, but i'd check the battery cable to see if it's loose/disconnected...

tho unless it has a good internal backup battery, it would die, rather than sleep...

pnw

3. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    clean the battery contacts. make sure the plug is lighting up green. check the contacts on the tibook, make sure they are flexed and clean. use an erasure.

if this doesn't work, maybe your battery is dead. lion batteries do die. they are easily destroyed with a drop.

4. Macpoops thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure they replaced the battery when it came back. so i doubt it died in 2 weeks. I think it might be something in 10.2.4 cause up until i installed that it worked fine. Right now i have a powerbook that acts like a cube with a built in display

5. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

if they replaced it with a new one, it could be defective. apple will take care of it--

pnw

6. Rajj macrumors 6502a

Rajj

Push the button on the battery to see how many LED lights you get.
    If you have been charging it all the time and there are no green lights being emitted, then take to the Apple store and have them check it out