Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kenkooler

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2002
Mexico City
Thanks to you all I'm finally a Mac convert.
I'm buying a 800 Mhz TiBook but since in Mexico it costs about 4,000 USD, a friend living in the US is going to buy it and send it to me.
Could you tell me everything that the powerbook should come with (computer, dvi-vga adapter, etc.)
Thanks!!!:D

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
Do you mean to say that you ordered a powerbook, without first checking what you were actually paying for?

kenkooler

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2002
Mexico City
No, I told a friend to buy it and I'll send an email to him listing everything that should come in the case with it so that he checks if nothing is missing before sending it here.
Sorry for my bad english.

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
No importa si tu ingles sea imperfecto.... :)

It should include:
modem cable; power adapter; S-video to composite adapter; DVI to VGA adapter.
Product contains electronic documentation. Backup software provided on CD-ROM.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Originally posted by britboy
aaahhh, the joys of living in europe, surrounded by multiple languages :p

ha ha ha...usually the only other language around here in New Orleans is Spanish...surprisingly I do not know much at all...

but I remember...and duke can attest to this....in DC it's a melting pot of cultures...everywhere u go there's a different language being spoken...;)

Backtothemac

macrumors 601
Jan 3, 2002
San Destin Florida
Originally posted by eyelikeart

ha ha ha...usually the only other language around here in New Orleans is Spanish...surprisingly I do not know much at all...

but I remember...and duke can attest to this....in DC it's a melting pot of cultures...everywhere u go there's a different language being spoken...;)

There is no doubt about that. When I was living up there back in 91, I loved the mixes of the cultures. I cannot wait until I get to move back up there.

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Originally posted by eyelikeart

Like ebonics? hehehehe

I just got Lord of the Rings 1 of 2, and it looks great! I downloaded it as a .avi file, but used DivX Doctor to convert it to .mov

It is 1.2GB!

Tokyo

macrumors member
May 7, 2002
On importing the TiBook--watch out for import duties! You may have the delivery guy say, "Here's your box, but first please fork over $300 (or some other amount) for tax."

One thing to help would be for your friend to open the box, check it out for dead pixels or other flaws, then put it back and reseal it, and send it marked as "used."

Tokyo

kenkooler

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2002
Mexico City
Hehe... thanks, I'll be careful. Since this guy will give it personally to me I don't think it can be a problem, but marking it as used is still a good idea.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.