tibook info?

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by gamma888, Jan 21, 2002.

1. gamma888 macrumors newbie

hey you macfreaks (i am, too!) i've been stuck with this 7500/100 (upgraded to g3 - 350mhz). i've been drooling over tibook for some while and i'm relatively new to this forum. i cudn't seem to find a thread that would tell me about the possiblities of next speed bump for tibook before i can purchase it. i just want to ensure that my $$$ will be invested on the best tibook ever (but i really don't want to be a sucker when i buy a g4 667mhz tibook today only to see its price slashed when its new high end comes out next week!!!) your scoops wud be very appreciated!!

:cool:

2. Six macrumors regular

my estimate is the next macworld expo.. because it wasnt that long ago that the bumped them, wasnt it?

or was that just adding a bigger HD?

3. merman637 macrumors member

added bigger hd and
    they added combo dvd/CDRW at last upgrade
    my guess is there will be no more until at least later in the year or early next year if there are it will be minor upgrades
    expecting new PB next year

4. gamma888 thread starter macrumors newbie

ah... so guess i won't have to worry about new tibook till next year? got suggestions where to find good deals on tibook on the web (besides ebay!) ;-)

5. merman637 macrumors member

probably clubmac, macZone, mac warehouse (you get several freebies but you have to ask what they have)

6. Rocketman macrumors 603

Rocketman

Re: tibook info?

I upgraded my web mac from 8100-100 to TiG4-400 which was truly shockingly cool.

The newer macs have CDRW which is a strong feature and are thicker or built differently to accomidate.

I have seen G4-400's for $1500 now so I suspect the better TiG4-667 CDRW will be available used within a couple months for about $2k.

If you can stand external CDRW the 400 is a sensational value.

Rocketman

7. gamma888 thread starter macrumors newbie

Re: Re: tibook info?

i believe that cd/rw with 667mhz is out already. i guess i'll be patient with the ebay and see if i'd get my luck out there! thanks for your help!