tibook to 22 inch flat panel connection?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by TiGeuse, Jun 29, 2002.

1. TiGeuse macrumors newbie

am i to assume that if i purchase a simple adapter from, say Belkin, for 40 dollars and subsequently purchase a 'Bot dv8tr for 150 dollars I will be able to connnect my pre(1 month)-DVI out 667 TiBook to the current 22-inch Apple Flat Panel Display (ADC)? Anyone out there that can help on this? Sure appreciate any feedback, it looks like my only other option is something from Geffen(?) which is hear is 400 dollars?

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Can I just confirm...
    Basically what you want to do is turn a regular VGA connector into ADC?

3. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Get this Belkin adapter and then the DVI to ADC adapter from Apple. I say Apple, since if ANYTHING goes wrong with it, and connecting to the screen, your ass is covered. You also can be assured that the components inside of the DVI to ADC adapter will function 100% with the Apple screen.

Any more questions???

BTW, I'd rather send my money to Apple then any other place, especially since the DVI to ADC adapter costs the same from both.

4. Classic macrumors regular

5. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

6. TiGeuse thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah, i looked at that belkin adapter for 36 dols. i would really prefer this in a 3 foot length to get the "octopusssss" closer to the floor? i wonder. is the geffen supposed to provide a better signal or something. i mean, it can't cost 2 hun to put the two together and paint it white?? i plugged my old bondi blue 15 apple flat display from a few years ago in earlier today and it is dim and blurry. i'm in total agreement with your statements regarding getting the 8tr from apple. i had apple studio display software for the old 15 inch flat panel running under 9. i think it gave me a few more rez options, or maybe i have it confused with my old roadrocket. anyway, i don't want to get stuck and not have it work properly. by the way my firewire port blew out 2 months after i got the book. still waiting to send it back for that one... something has me thinking there is going to be a price drop on the 22 in a couple weeks?? thanks for the help!

7. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

BUY APPLE YA WANKERS!:D

dig it.

8. TiGeuse thread starter macrumors newbie

always do, even it they fall apart a little sometimes. it's better than being scared of the helos. acceptance...

9. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

i hear ya.

by the way... anyone know where dukestreet is?

havent seen that homeboy on here in like forever.

10. rootuser macrumors newbie

The adapter AlphaTech suggests is DVI to VGA, not the other way around. For the pre-DVI TiPBs, you need a VGA to DVI. The only one I've seen is from Geffen.

11. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Actually [bonehead] IF you selected the link you will see that it connects to the VGA port on the computer and provides a DVI connection for the DVIator, or Apple DVI to ADC adapter. Video cards have a female VGA connection on them, the adapter has a male connection.

See attached image. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

12. rootuser macrumors newbie

Doesn't work that way, numbskull. You out to quit being so arrogant. People will get annoyed with you (and already have).

Oh, and Alpha, you sound quite immature with your language and attitudes to be a technician. I'd reckon you're in Junior High, maybe 9th grade. Bet you don't even have an iBook, let alone your TiPB configuration you brag about.

13. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Listen up buddy... it DOES work that way. You DON'T have to go out and blow $400 when you can do the exact same thing for under $200.

BTW, even Apple says it will work, so get with the program. :rolleyes: