TiBook Upgrade ?

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by twilightzone, Jan 29, 2002.

1. twilightzone macrumors newbie

Does anyone knows if the PowerBook will be
    upgraded to ?

Faster G4 ?
    New Battery ?

TwilightZone

2. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

3. sr macrumors newbie

Its most likely sometime away. However when it does come don't buy it. Coz apple are sure to add some feature to it within a couple of months of the first release. So go for the second release. I bought the updated pb G4 (667mhz) on November 3. About 6 weeks later, Apple announced the combo drive for the powerbook. Now I am having to pay £249 (UK) extra for the combo drive. Sooner or later, Apple have to understand that this kind of thing pisses people off. Computers have built in obsolescence. I understand that well. But 6 weeks??

4. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

a powerbook upgrade won't come for at least 5-6 months or so. the only reason they upgraded rev b is because of the combo drive finally becoming readily availible and the users screaming for it.

notice they didn't bump the speed.

5. kidtronix macrumors regular

i'm expecting a new powerbook at tokyo. 800-900mhz and two firewire outputs, if stevie let's me down i'll slap him.

6. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

7. twilightzone thread starter macrumors newbie

8. PyroTurtle macrumors regular

most likely an 800, the new chip in the towers takes less energy and they are running cooler and cooler these days....
    and the Rev B is alot less warm than the Rev A...i have a 400 and it gets hotter than my friends 550....
    but ya, 800 will be soon...
    and you know apple is trying to find a slot loading SuperDrive ;)

9. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

if apple updates their powerbooks i really think its a mistake, as they have in the past waited a little longer to rev them up. they are really gonna hurt customer loyalty if they continue, and everyone will just be waiting for the next best thing.

lets keep this different than the PC market.

10. kidtronix macrumors regular

i have to say that's a stupid comment, customer loyalty comes from customer satisfactory, if you are happy with your product you don't care; the pc world is even more so, my debian box was bought 8 months ago with a 1.2ghz amd, my friend bought a 733mhz pm at the same time, which do you think is more passe right now?