Ticked at apple.netscape.com

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Chip NoVaMac, Sep 10, 2004.

1. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Dec 25, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Just saw this link:

It had the headline of: Muslim group: 'We are so sorry for 9-11'

This was a total op-ed piece. It had no place IMO on the front page as part of their rotating banner news.

To me it like saying all Christians hates Gay. Or oppose abortion. Or their God is the only true God. None of that is true. There are extremists, moderates, and liberals within any group.

Yes, maybe the apology should have been directed at all terrorist activities. But should not the US apologize for misled foreign policies throughout its history?

Sure we have acknowledged them, but never apologized for them in most cases. So who are we to criticize?
  2. skunk macrumors G4

Jun 29, 2002
    Republic of Ukistan
    It certainly needs to be said, but I agree, this is the wrong place to say it.
  3. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Jan 3, 2002
    San Destin Florida
    Why is it the wrong place to say it? Any medium would be a good place to say "We are sorry".
  4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Feb 14, 2004
    I have no opinion about the venue, but I don't have any problem with the message itself.

If the KKK were wreaking havoc around the world, blowing things up and committing mass murder, would it be inappropriate for a Christian group to apologize and say, "On behalf of Christians, we are sorry for the actions of the dangerous fanatics who claim to operate under our banner"?