Ticked at costly .mac e-mail?? Send Feedback!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Taft, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

If you are like me and are using iTools only for e-mail--*free* e-mail--and do not want to pay for the other services, SEND APPLE SOME FEEDBACK!!

http://www.apple.com/feedback/mac/gtm.html

I think this was a huge mistake by Apple. And its a mistake I won't live with. If they don't offer a free e-mail option, I'll go elsewhere for e-mail.

While this seems simple enough, it will cause problems for Apple in the long run. People don't want to switch their e-mail, but most don't want to pay for the priviledge of using an iTools account. Sure, its easy and integrates well with Mac OS. But its 100 dollar one time fee (no payment plan available).

What is going to happen is that many people are going to migrate their e-mail and will get ticked off because of it. They'll have to inform people of their new address, switch all of their subscription e-mails, etc. They'll probably forget some friends and subscriptions so they'll lose some e-mail.

None of this is a very Mac-like experience. This just stinks.

I'd even consider buying the full service if they offered a free service too. I just can't support this big mistake.

Taft

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I agree this is a big mistake. Free email is easy to get almost anywhere, for them to make a yearly fee is ludicrous. They're going to lose people.

3. steve-not-jobs macrumors newbie

Couldn't agree more. We should all post here, mail Apple the feedback and point them here. Just keep POP mail free ".Mac.lite". We've got two months to change their minds.

4. job macrumors 68040

job

Tah heck with it. It was good while it lasted, but this annual fee ticked me off. I probably won't go back even if they do make a .Mac.lite or whatever.

I can get free email somewhere else.

Heck even Excite.com email offers free POP accounts. Grrr....

5. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

All I use the iTools for now, or in the past, was the iDisk... I need another email address like I need another orfice. I have six email addresses from Earthlink, one free one from Yahoo, and one from work.

They need to offer up something for people that ONLY want the iDisk part of the service. Either reduce the normal annual cost by 50% (or more) or double the size.

What would you pay for 200MB worth of web hosting to do with as you please???