Tiger 8A428 seeded to ADC

Discussion in 'macOS' started by patseguin, May 2, 2005.

1. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

Well, I figured it would be weeks before developers got the GM release so I went down to the Apple Store Friday night at 6pm. I stood in line and got my lottery ticket (free iTunes song) and purchased my retail Tiger. I get home and get ready and check my few new emails, one of which is an ADC Seed Update! Oh well, they say that they provided it for development purposes anyways. On my everyday machine, I guess I did the right thing by buying it.

On a side note, the store was jam-packed and I noticed almost NOBODY carrying around Tiger boxes. I wonder if that many people had just downloaded it and didn't purchase it.

2. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Or got it early. I got mine the 28th. As did most ppl on campus that I know

3. ksz macrumors 68000

Noticed the same thing. Unlike Panther Day, hardly anyone was buying Tiger. As for me, I purchased it at MicroCenter with a $50 mail-in rebate then drove to the Apple Store to buy an iSight (EPP pricing). Looking forward to using iChat AV.

4. patseguin thread starter macrumors 65816

patseguin

Good point I guess. Why bother standing in line just to browse the store though? Oh well, I guess it really doesn't matter.

5. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

I downloaded it Friday night from ADC. Why pay for an ADC membership and then buy Tiger retail? You must have more money than I do.

6. patseguin thread starter macrumors 65816

patseguin

Because I did not see into the future that it would be available for download that night. I had heard from other members that it might be months before we got it. I might just give it to my brother and use the seeded version. I'm not sure of the legailty of that though because the seeds are "for testing purposes only" according to my understanding.