Tiger actually arriving on friday 29th?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Fredstar, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Fredstar macrumors 6502a

Fredstar

Yo,
    Simple question, when i preorderd i swear it said it would arrive in my hands on 29th April if you preorder today (12th). But the status still says shipping 'On or before 29th' (like everyone elses), so is Tiger gonna be dispatched on friday or will it dispatch on thursday and arrive on friday??
    thanks

2. dpclark macrumors member

Check your order status on the US site, mines gone to preparing shipment, and I'm in the UK too!!!!

3. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

THere's a whole thread on "Preparing Shipment" in this forum. Read that for more info. However mine says "Shipping on or before the 28th." I'm expecting it here on Friday.

4. HisBoiElroy macrumors newbie

The announcement on 800-MY-APPLE said "Orders placed by April 26th will be shiped to arrive on the day of the release, April 29".

That message is still playing even though the date has passed.

5. Fredstar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fredstar

Thanks for the responses.
    I ordered on the 12th so fingers crossed it will come on friday, but it did say allow 4-7 days for delivery in the confirmation, i am having my doubts.
    Also after reading all the stuff that went on when Panther was released with copies coming 2-3 weeks after...Tiger has likely had over a million orders and i don't think Apple can cope tbh.
    I tried to check on apple.com but it doesn't let me log in to my orders for some reason, it is just blacked out

6. ebally macrumors regular

It makes me feel a little bit better that someone from England has got a message other than "Processing Order". Now if my order would change to "Processing Shipping" too, I would be a happy man.

As long as I get Tiger by Friday! (PLEASE).

7. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

I've heard from other people that sometimes Apple Store Orders ship well before the status on the order status page reflects it. It could be that more orders have shipped than is evident right now. I'm betting we'll start seeing more ship confirmations as the day goes on.

8. ebally macrumors regular

Feeling even more happy now... Fingers crossed.

(All contacts, music, movies, documents, codecs, are backed up on CD waiting for a clean install).

9. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    That message - and that promise- apparently only applied to orders placed through the US store. The US store said 'delivered by 29 April', the UK store said 'shipped by 29 April'.

I know that at least one major UK retailer isn't expecting any stock into their main warehouse (let alone their store warehouses) until 28 April.

Fingers crossed, that Apple UK will get everything out of the door today/tomorrow and they will arrive on Friday since otherwise, you're looking at Tuesday of next week thanks to the Bank Holiday. Those near TNT depots may have more chance if the shipping date slides past today.

10. Fredstar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fredstar

Yeh i remember something like that, the ship by 29th. But it also said join us for the live Quicktime feed or something on friday 29th once you have received Tiger.
    Hmm, if it hasn't shipped tomorrow i guess i gotta travel upto Regent street to get it

11. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

My order status just changed from Processing Order to Preparing Shipment, when I checked the US Apple Store... still just says Open when I check at the Norwegian (i.e. European) Apple Store... so hopefully my preordered EDU Family Pack will ship soon...

I'm going to be MIGHTY p*ssed if I don't get it this Friday...

12. ebally macrumors regular

I'm going crazy checking the Apple Store every 30 minutes to see if my status has changed... All this because I wanted the education discount. (Although I would have waved the £30 difference if I could have bought Tiger from the Apple Store on Friday morning, but as they are not selling Tiger to the public until 6PM... I hoped the online store would have got Tiger to me a little quicker).

13. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

All I want to know is when is ADC going to seed it to us? I am running 8A425 but I want the final release. Should I just purchase it?

14. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

mine has gone to Preparing Shipment too... and the delivery method changed from 5 Day Ground to 2 Day...

15. Nutter macrumors 6502

UK shipping

As was explained above, the UK store only ever promised to ship by the 29th, unlike the US store which promised to deliver by this date. I doubt it will ship before, in which case it won't arrive -- by Apple's own estimate -- until next Thursday at the earliest.

This would not surprise me in the least.

I cancelled my order at the Apple Store and am going to be taking a little trip to Regent Street on friday night...

16. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

Maaaaan.. i cant check my order status on the US site, and the UK site still says 'open' status..

I know complaining about it on MR wont make my Tiger arrive faster, but it might make me feel better :D

I ordered on the 17th, Edu prices, delivered to my work address (I work at a College) so i'm probably last on their priority list! :rolleyes:

17. Fredstar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fredstar

Mine is preparing shipment finally, i am just hoping it will come on friday.
    If it isn't here by 4pm i am def going upto Regent Street the store, i want it now :p.
    Are you 100% sure that the UK store promised to ship by and not on? Because i do remember when i ordered it they did say i would get it on the friday.

18. SnarkMan macrumors newbie

We're all getting a little crazy with this. :) Apple should send me an email when it ships but I keep going back to that page, too. We need to relax, myself included.

I'd love to see a graph of the usage of that OrderHistory page lately. :)

19. thefunkymunky macrumors 65816

Anyone else noticed that the US Apple homepage now says that Tiger is In Stores Now?

UK site says 2 days until Tiger is available.

20. heaven macrumors 6502a

heaven

21. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

your lucky living in london!

if i lived down there i'd do the same. Thanks to the distance buying laws' cooling off period, you could easily send the disc back to apple for a full refund!

22. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

The day before is cutting it a little fine – it's not as if any retailers would be daft enough to accidentally send Tiger orders out early, is it now? ;)

23. rlowery99 macrumors newbie

Tiger delivered today

I changed my tiger order from amazon.com to apple 2 days ago and it shipped last night from Harrisburg PA. According to UPS it is on the truck for delivery TODAY. I have my fingers crossed and UPS should be here in the next hour or so.

Rob
    Smithsburg Maryland.

24. dpclark macrumors member

MINES SHIPPED!!!!!! TNT REFERENCE NUMBERS AND EVERYTHING - MAYBE TOMOROW!!!!! ALREADY HAD DAY BOOKED OFF TOMOROW AND TODAY _ GOOD TIMEING OF WHAT!!!

25. thefunkymunky macrumors 65816