Tiger and ADC Members

Discussion in 'macOS' started by patseguin, Apr 28, 2005.

1. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

Can someone clarify what the deal is with ADC members? Are we meant to purchase the final release now that it is out? The last build seeded was 8A425. I thought that we were supposed to get the GM a few days earlier than release but I have nothing.

2. Pismo macrumors 6502

Pismo

Apple will send ADC members a copy of Tiger in a few months. It's part of the mebership. I got Panther when it was released because I was an ADC member then.

3. patseguin thread starter macrumors 65816

patseguin

A few months? That seems like B.S. for a $500 membership. I guess I will have to go buy it now. Sigh...

4. Zeke macrumors 6502

I keep hearing it'll be included in the May mailing. Take it for what it's worth. Hearsay.

5. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

Absolutely incorrect. Tiger will be in the May ADC mailing due to ship tomorrow, April 29th. ADC *did* put the GM seed of Panther up for download about a week before it was generally available. For Tiger, they haven't done that. I don't know if this is due to the shear number of downloads that would occur or the fear of ensuing P2P distribution, which obviously happened anyway. I suspect we *may* see a downloadable Tiger GM at or immediately after it becomes generally available, but who knows. By the time you manage to download it, you'll probably have it in your mail box.

BTW, no information is better than bad information, IMO.

EDIT: PS, the May mailing info came directly from an inquiry I made last week to the ADC folks. It's not hearsay.

6. Pismo macrumors 6502

Pismo

When Panther came out, I didn't get my ADC copy until November!!! Good thing I bought it when it was released because I didn't want to wait that long.

If Tiger is coming in the May mailing, awesome. But I want the copy I ordered TOMORROW!

7. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

Really? You still paid for it? I only say that because the free OS update is one of the ways I justify the price of the ADC Select membership. I may not renew in July, since there won't be another OS X update by July '06, and I won't need to buy equipment this coming year.

8. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

Maybe it would be different if some of your peers would learn that paying $500 for a developer membership with certain privileges doesn't give them the right to pirate Apple software.

9. Pismo macrumors 6502

Pismo

10. patseguin thread starter macrumors 65816

patseguin

EDIT: decided not to dignify this with the answer I initially gave