Tiger and iLife '05

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pcpacker, Jan 11, 2005.

1. pcpacker macrumors member

I am wondering if the Tiger OS upgrade coming in the next little while will have iLife 05 built into it. If so, I will wait. If not, I will probably order iLife 05 soon.

Anybody have any insight?

2. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

3. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

I have the same question you beat me too it. :)

So hard to post today. :mad:

Edit: PLEASE DELETE THIS POST THANK YOU.

4. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

5. gMac macrumors member

If I remember correctly, Panther included all of the latest iLife apps except for Garageband. If Tiger is to be released in the next six months and has all of the other iLife apps I think I am going to hold off since I don't use Garageband very much.

6. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Is it my imagination or did they boost the number of new features in Tiger from 150 WWDC 2004 to 200 MWSF 2005. :confused:

More features for about the same price as previous OS upgrades. I like :)

They also now have Spotlight on a blue button I don't like that. Why not make it a glass blue icon that is all. :)

The iLife 05 can be updated with little version numbers to plug into Tiger. Not a big issue. :)

7. sorryiwasdreami macrumors 6502a

sorryiwasdreami

iLife '05 will come with every new mac purchased after iLife's release, which is coming shortly: "Deliver by Jan 22nd".

So when Tiger comes, the two will definately integrate seamlessly; they have to.

I'm considering buying it now, however, due to the iPhoto uprade alone.

8. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

ummm ... they dont' ahve to do anything ...
    right now if you buy panther CDs you get the last free ilife which isn't ilife '04. this leads me to believe that it will ilife 04 that comes with it and a seperate '05 update.

this is from a guy who left his ilife 04' cds at school but had to do a panther reinstall. I also checked the panther website and it only lists iphoto 2 and all those classics.

in the end you might as well buy ilife 05 because I don't think you can get it for free without buying a new mac.