Tiger and iPhoto from Panther

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Zion Grail, May 27, 2005.

1. Zion Grail macrumors regular

After I upgraded to Tiger, I noticed that all the iLife apps (save iTunes) were missing. This wasn't a big deal for me, because I had no use for the other apps.

Now I have a digital camera, and I want iPhoto back. I have the old Panther install disks. Is it possible to just run the package installer for iPhoto on Panther disk 2 to get iPhoto back? (I know it's not the newest version, but I spend all my cash on the camera and can't afford '05 yet.) I wanted to ask because I'm afraid it'll then try to install OS 10.3 or just mess up my computer somehow.

2. G4Grover macrumors member

I've got the same problem. Anyone have a workaround?

3. Zion Grail thread starter macrumors regular

I went ahead and used the Panther iPhoto version. It installs and runs fine. No problems - not even a restart. However, it's only iPhoto 2, so it's way, WAY behind the current version of iPhoto.

I'm buying iLife '05 tomorrow (though I'm still mad I completely lost my version of iLife '04 - Apple, include those iLife discs with new Macs!).

4. rasp macrumors regular

rasp

That's weird, I found the iphoto installer off my panther dvd and it is version 4.

5. Zion Grail thread starter macrumors regular

What can I say? The version of iPhoto that installed was very clearly version 2. As such, it's finally time for me to get iLife '05.