Tiger and Preformance

Discussion in 'Games' started by Josh396, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

I've heard that when Tiger is released a lot of the video cards will be updated with new drivers. I was wondering if that will help game preformance and if it did by how much. I have a G4 800 Mhz iMac and it is nearly impossible to play CODUO single player. Is there any hope that with the new drivers that I will be able to actually play single player or will I be forced to want until I get a G5 iMac? Thanks

2. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

I've actually been reading a bunch of articles on this site. I think i did come across an article that said Tiger will allow the system to play games better by letting the cpu be more active or something like that. The bottom line is supposedly Tiger will be better for gaming. I sure hope this is true.

3. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

im hoping that Tiger will be able to squeeze out a few more FPS in Doom3 and other games... it would be great to have an OS update that DOESNT slow the computer down (*coughXPcough*)

4. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

There was a thread in Mac Gaming earlier about this. Doom 3 performance drastically increases in Tiger. :)

5. applekid macrumors 68020

I think we will see a nice boost in performance overall. If Doom 3 can jump past playable at higher settings with Tiger (based on the CafeMacs.com article), I think many games will benefit, just as Panther and Jaguar benefitted games. CafeMacs will test other games, so make sure to check them again.