Tiger and updates

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jhomayne, Apr 25, 2005.

1. jhomayne macrumors regular

Mar 1, 2004
    I was just wondering whether updates are added to the copies of Tiger that are destined for the shelves as updates are released in software update.

I mean, if i get a copy of Tiger now, will it still be the same version that i could buy in 6months time or will that one come with the updates included?

it's just that i've ordered my copy of tiger but i think i might hold off from installing it for awhile until some creases are ironed out (i.e VPN connection issues) and i was thinking whether it might make even more sense to cancel my order and then get it when i'm sure that it'll suit all my requirements (and perhaps save me from downloading all the updates)

cheers. :)
  2. Applespider macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    It will be updated (Panther certainly got to 10.3.6 in boxes) but no idea how regularly it will happen. It's unlikely you'd buy it and find no upgrades waiting at all...

Updating really isn't so bad since you don't have to go incrementally (10.4.1, 10.4.2, 10.4.3 etc). The combo update will come up in your Software Update which saves a lot of time (although without broadband, it will take a long time to download).

Having said that, if you don't need it now, don't buy it now.