Tiger Anxiety

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Rovias, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Rovias macrumors member

Geez, Apple...just freaking announce it already!! I'm dying to upgrade!! Here's hoping tomorrow is the big day.

Anyone else got this sort of anxiety when it comes to Tiger or just Apple in general? I don't think I've ever been more excited about a software release in my life.

2. sorryiwasdreami macrumors 6502a

sorryiwasdreami

I don't have any kind of anxiety or nervousness awaiting Tiger. However, I know your feeling because of the build up of the iMac G5, with fake photos, false announcement dates, pushing back release dates, and shipping delays.

3. jmsait19 macrumors 6502

i defnitely get excited when apple is going to announce something. even if i cant afford to buy it. however, tiger will come soon enough, just hopefully that soon is tomorrow.

4. ShiggyMiyamoto macrumors 6502a

ShiggyMiyamoto

Amen brothers. ^_^ I hear ya. I always get excited about new Apple goodies that half the time I can't afford. I too hope for a f*cking Tiger announcement tomorrow damnit lol....

5. broken_keyboard macrumors 65816

broken_keyboard

The way it works is: you install Tiger and spend a few minutes playing with the Dashboard, run a few Spotlight searches, look through the pref panes for new stuff, try your old apps... and you think "no big deal."

And then 6 months later you are forced to use Panther on a friends machine or an old work machine and it feels awkward and slow and you can't do instant search and you think "this is awful!"

That's when you truly appreciate Tiger. Six months from now when you're used to it and it's taken away.

6. vocaro macrumors regular

Funny, I've been saying the same thing to myself all day. I am eagerly looking forward to being able to find files without hunting for them, and I would love to finally be able to develop Java 5.0 software on my Mac. I'm also interested in implementing a few of the Dashboard widgets ideas I've had recently.

Let's all pray to the software release gods that an announcement is made very soon...