Tiger Apple Store Purchase - Yawn

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by rdowns, Apr 29, 2005.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

Jul 11, 2003
    Picked up Tiger at Roosevelt Field, NY Apple Store. Got there at 6:30 and the line was pretty long but looked to be moving quickly. Detoured to Macy's to pick up a Mother's Day gift for mom and headed back to Apple at 7:15. About 50 people in front of me and I was inside in about 15 minutes.

Store was a zoo so I just stood in line, paid for Tiger and left. Way too many kids just hanging around abusing the floor models. No door prizes, just a lame scratch off card where most got 10% off coupons. I won a lousy song from iTMS.

Panther launch was much better.

So, anyone want to buy a copy of Panther???

Oops, forgot to add that every purchaser received a card good for a one hour session with a genius for Tiger training or a Tiger tune-up (install, clean your computer and try and upsell you stuff no doubt). Valid through 6/24.

2. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    I think that you mean Tiger, yes my wife got a copy. Only 1/3 had the chance at 10% or something even better. You and I were in the 2/3 with the free song. At least we got something.
  3. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

Jul 11, 2003
    Not complaining about the free song, complaining about the lack of fun as the store was so crowded with regular shoppers and not Mac enthusiasts. Didn't see a lot of Tiger copies leaving during my 15 minutes in there.

No I meant Panther, no need for it now that I have the bigger cat.
  4. puckhead193 macrumors G3

May 25, 2004
    i'm guessing u didn't get my PM, i was at the apple store in chestnut until like 7......o well, we should plan an event for all bostonians to meet up somewhere.....
  5. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

Mar 30, 2004
    Clever marketing though! As always, Apple.

I was looking forward to taming tigers in the vast, uncharted wilderness of AFRICA! But, alas...