Tiger at 6pm?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by patseguin, Apr 29, 2005.

1. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

I was planning on going into my local Apple store when they open to get Tiger. I just happened to go to Apple's website and it says Available 6pm. So, if I walk into the Apple Store at 10am I can't purchase Tiger yet? That sort of sucks...

2. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

Exactly. But i was talking to one of the apple people when i went to the store a few days ago, he said to expect people to start camping out at 12pm to get online for the 6pm opening.

3. blockheads88 macrumors member

what store did u go to in New York

4. iGary Guest

iGary

I'm leaving work at 3:00 today to go to Clarendon. Oughta have a decent place in line.

If anyone else is going, I'll have my dorky PodBrix green shirt on. Say hi. :D

5. NinjaMonkey macrumors regular

I'm heading to Clarendon too. I hope it doesn't rain.

6. iGary Guest

iGary

7. patseguin thread starter macrumors 65816

patseguin

What's this stuff about lines? It's not like we are waiting for tickets to a rock concert or something. I'll just go down tomorrow afternoon rather than stand in line like cattle.

8. kjr39 macrumors 6502

I think they give you special kool-aid and when you drink it, it makes you PowerMac a Dual 3.0 GHz, your Powerbook a G5, your iMac a 2.0 GHz and all of the Windows computers in the world disappear...

Either that or you want the keychain...

9. Cali_Man macrumors member

Another Clarendon hopefully, if it doesn't rain. However, I think I read in another thread here that family packs won't be available today. Can I get a second opinion? :)

10. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

Actually, some people consider this to be like, you know, a party - a geek fest, if you will. I don't have an Apple store within 400 miles of me, so it's not an issue, one way or the other.

11. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

I'll be heading to the Old Orchard store later this afternoon. The Panther event was fun at North Michigan Avenue.

12. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

OK boys and girls - my friend is already at the mall shopping and he went into the Apple Store and just called me. He said that there aren't many people in the store right now (4:10PM) but that they are closing the doors at 5pm to set up the "party".

I get out of work at 5pm and the mall is about 15mins from here so I'll be stopping by just to check it out. I am NOT buying Tiger but I want to check out the demo and well win some prizes! I doubt it but...

He told me no lines. Only 4 "kids" with iBooks sitting outside the Apple Store surfin' the web. He said he will make another passby before 5pm and call me to give me an update. Haha, and he's a Windooze user.....

13. Neuro macrumors regular

Neuro

I went to my local 'House Of Fraser' in Croydon, London UK, which contains a Micro Anvika Mac department.

There were no other customers whatsoever apart from me. I got there at about 17:55 but they wouldn't sell me Tiger until 18:00! LOL.

When the clock did hit 18:00, nothing happened anyway. What was the point of it all??? There was only one other guy came in and bought Tiger in the 15 minutes I was there.

But hey, at least I didn't have to queue, so no complaints here!

14. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

PRIZES FAT CHANCE

Well my friend did another pass by at the Apple Store. Still no lines. But he said there were more people in the store at this time (4:40PM). The "kids" were still hanging out and he said more of their friends showed up so there are a bunch of kids sitting outside the store.

Anyway my friend asked one of the girls that work at the store and she told him that they have 1700 scratch off tickets that will be given out after 6pm. Only 1 person out of 1700 will win a 15" Powerbook G4. This is between 15 stores! (For my area only) So i can almost bet that this store does not have the winning ticket. Only 1 out of 850 will win an iPod 30GB between 15 stores.

Chances are extreamly slim but it still doesn't hurt to grab a ticket.

Aw well, I'm still stopping by.

edit- i'm leaving now (4:50PM) and my friend said there is now a small line formed. about 30 people he said and those kids are first to get in. but it doesn't seem like its gonna be packed. maybe this was all hyped up for nothing? I'll let you guys know!