tiger ate my redpill

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by camomac, May 4, 2005.

1. camomac macrumors 6502a

camomac

okay i know this is a dorky thread, but hey sometimes i'm a dork.

when i switched to a mac the one thing i missed about my peecee was the starfield simulation (or flying through space) screen saver. after a few months of working and getting adjusted to my mac, i grew to love another screen saver. this time it was redpill 1.4.1, a simply awesome matrix screen saver. well it seems that tiger and redpill don't play together so nicely.

there have been atleast one post that you can recompile the code in tiger and have a working program again. the only problem is that the code is for 1.4, and version 1.4.1 had alot of bug fixes. the developer (mathew) website is down/gone.

so now i have 2 questions:

1. what is the possibility of getting an update for this, or having somebody rewrite the update and compile for tiger?

2. if #1 doesn't pan out, what cool, SIMPLE screen savers would you recommend?

Thanks.
    :)

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

What problems are you seeing? I admittedly didn't run it for very long, but Red Pill worked just fine on my Tiger install when I was doing a quick check to see which of my screen savers Tiger broke.

The answer turned out to be "none", although ATI's really cool savers cough up some weird errors and won't work the first time you select them (quit prefs and re-open it, and they work fine, though).

Not sure what version of Red Pill I'm running... perhaps it's an older one that works for some reason...

3. camomac thread starter macrumors 6502a

camomac

4. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
    Red Pill doesn't work for me either. If you want to stick with a matrix theme, then MatrixGL works fine, though it's not quite as nice. I really like the built-in RSS feed one that Apple made so that's what I'm using now.