Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

latergator116

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 30, 2003
Providence, RI
Recently I have been having a problem in Tiger while changing the volume on my speakers. Sometimes while lowering or raising the volume on my keyboard the audio balance will shift over to the right or left side and blast into one ear (I usually have headphones on). I have learned to deal with the problem by leaving the system preferences audio panel open so I can quickly re-balance it.

I did an erase and install with Tiger (not related to this issue) and was surprised to see the problem persist. Any idea? Thanks.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i have it too, although i haven't been able to re-create it just yet, i'm hoping there will be a fix for it in the next update. freaked me out at first.

mcmillan

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2004
Yeah, it's just a bug, I've heard about it before. The balance mysteriously changes itlself. :confused:

latergator116

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 30, 2003
Providence, RI
Thanks for the quick replies, now I know I'm not the only one...

I'd say the it happens maybe 2 out of 5 times when I change the volume. I'm sure apple must be aware of this huge bug. (let's hope they fix it soon)

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
latergator116 said:
Thanks for the quick replies, now I know I'm not the only one...

I'd say the it happens maybe 2 out of 5 times when I change the volume. I'm sure apple must be aware of this huge bug. (let's hope they fix it soon)

always submit feedback though so they can fix the issue, i know i did.

latergator116

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 30, 2003
Providence, RI
PlaceofDis said:
always submit feedback though so they can fix the issue, i know i did.

Will do that; i guess if they get enought feedback they'll put that issue higher on their list (if they havent done so already).

miguelcma

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2005
Balanced 1.0

Hi!
I had the same problem, but I found a nice freeware program called Balanced 1.0. It's a little daemon that runs in background and monitors the balance of the Built-in Audio and adjusts the lower speaker to the same volume of the higher. It solves your problem if you don't want different volumes on each speaker and I think it works only for Built-in Audio. :)

mulletman13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2004
Los Angeles.
Does balanced just install automatically? I mount the image and run the package, but Spotlight doesnt find a program or anything... there is no indication it's installed besides it saying " The software has been installed" window...

It's not in my login items either... i think i'm special :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.