Tiger Breaks Unreal 2004 Demo?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Redline13, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Redline13 macrumors 6502

Hello all. I installed tiger last night and i went to launch the Unreal 2004 Demo this morning but it keeps crashing. Can anyone confirm this or is it just me?

2. MacNoobie macrumors 6502a

MacNoobie

I can run the demo just fine but the demo cant contact the main server for listing of games and ping times.

3. Redline13 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I deleted it, downloaded it again and installed it and it still doesn't work. This is on a Rev. D 12 inch Powerbook. Does anyone have any suggestions?

4. broken_keyboard macrumors 65816

broken_keyboard

Did you try deleting the UT settings files? They are in your home folder.
    Drag the folder Library/Application Support/Unreal Tournament 2004 to the trash and then try starting the game.

5. Redline13 thread starter macrumors 6502

That did the trick. Thanks. Like our friend above though the online play function doesn't work. Oh well.

6. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

Re the game browser--you could try turning off the OS X Firewall just to test. If that helps, then maybe some ports that used to be open are now closed, and need to be opened again.

You might find port info here:

http://www.gameranger.com/help/ports/

7. BKKloppenborg macrumors regular

um this might sound wired but when i got the demo and tried it on my PC it always crashed even though it was supposed to work.. I tried to fix it and found out it was a probelm with game not my computer does it give you a popup windows when it closes?