Tiger bugs discovered? List them here!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by TIGERmac, Apr 29, 2005.

1. TIGERmac macrumors member

Nov 12, 2004
    Well, I just installed Tiger on my iMac and it's fantastic! Unfortunately, with any major OS release there are bound to be a few bugs that rear their ugly little heads. Rather than having a separate topic for each discovery, I decided it would be nice to have one topic devoted entirely to Tiger bugs.

So far, the only hiccup I've encountered is with the iTunes widget. When I tried to pause a song, it would switch to a different song instead. I tried relaunching iTunes and the widget began functioning as it should. Strange. Maybe it was a one time deal...I don't know.
  2. Sox macrumors regular

Feb 9, 2005
    After I close iCal, the date shown in the dock icon always reverts back to July 17th.

My wireless reception, however, is remarkable.
  3. BJMcKay macrumors newbie

Mar 1, 2005
    Dock Bug

If you turn on magnification on the dock, and right click an icon then click on the desktop or an open window to exit the menue, the dock stays magnified. You have to move your cursor over the dock to get the dock unmagnified.

Other than that Tiger is great. Plus im glad to actually contribute for the first time after perusing the forums for a couple of months. :D
  4. rowanhall macrumors member

Dec 27, 2004
    Belfast, Northern Ireland
    i thought panther did this too?
  5. Lacero macrumors 604

Jan 20, 2005
    When you marquee an image in Preview, deselecting the marquee lightens the image.
  6. wheezy macrumors 65816

Apr 7, 2005
    Alpine, UT
    Much to my happiness, the Motoral V600 was finally added to bluetooth sync'able with iSync, but iSync crashes now!! Any ideas???? It shows the iSync for about 1 second, and then it's gone.
  7. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

Jun 29, 2004
    During transfer of some files from mac mini to iMac g5 over airport, a fast user switch cube spin was replaced by a messy red and black and yellow looking image. Almost looked like a broken LCD, but went away as soon as the cube would normally disappear. Other than that, it's been pretty smooth. AND THE H.264 PREVIEWS ARE INSANE!!!!! I can't wait until Handbrake can take full leverage of h.264... imagine entire DVD's only 100mb, and still perfectly viewable! yessssssssssssssssssssssss
  8. codpilot macrumors newbie

Feb 15, 2005
    More odds and ends

1) I can't hide the last application running. E.g have safari, ical, terminal up. Hide safari, hide ical - terminal won't hide (This did work in Panther) :confused:

2) If I hide safari, look through finder at files, then command-tab back to safari, I get a page I had opened, but not the last one viewed. Not sure how it picks.

Boy, this is weird

Powerbook G4 1.67 2G ram 100G HD 128Video
  9. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Dec 25, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Just tried my Panther, and the date remains so far.
  10. Daveway macrumors 68040

Jul 10, 2004
    New Orleans / Lafayette, La
    This aggravating me to no end! :eek: :mad:

**I would like to add that in my upgrade, Quicktime movies get stuck in the dock and are not active.
  11. slb macrumors 6502

Apr 15, 2005
    New Mexico
    1.) When moving files around to organize them, I've occasionally been getting error dialogs. The code was something like "-8055" (next time I see it, I'll post the exact number). Renaming the file let it copy okay, so presumably it was a matter of a file with the same name already existing. Never had the errors before.

2.) When Dashboard is active, controls beneath it still affect the cursor. As in, if you hover the mouse cursor over a control that normally changes the cursor to a hand--for instance, the iTunes seperator bar--the cursor will change to the hand even though you're in the Dashboard layer.

3.) When Dashboard is active, if you click and drag the cursor over the upper-right system menus, like volume control, they will activate. You can even do this if a widget is floating over them. Try it--drag the clock on top of where the volume control is. Position your cursor where the volume control is beneath the widget, and click and drag the widget. The volume control will appear.

4.) The Spotlight window isn't owned by anything. If you enter a search term, hit enter, and then switch away from the results window by going to another app, there is no way to bring the Spotlight results window back to the front again. Clicking the Finder icon doesn't bring it forward because Spotlight apparently doesn't belong to the Finder. The only way to get to that window is to use Expose or click on the blue magnifying glass in the upper-right, which will bring Spotlight to the front. I can't decide if this is on purpose (i.e., the blue Spotlight menu icon is supposed to own its results window, so to bring it forward that's where you're supposed to click) or is an overlooked bug.

Very minor quibbles of an excellent release that will no doubt be fixed with a 10.4.1 update. Tiger is great.
  12. TIGERmac thread starter macrumors member

Nov 12, 2004

If you click on the spotlight icon and then move your cursor to the right, it deselects spotlight and selects the date and time preferences. Moving the cursor directly down, left, and then up (to the date & time) does not have the same effect, however. Also, the dashboard icon remains magnified whenever switching to the dashboard.

I doubt this is a "bug", but I can't access the free online seminar that Apple promised me. Safari says "The requested application is not found on this server." Interesting.
  13. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

Apr 19, 2005
    you should've gotten a second email with a much longer address.. use that one.
  14. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

Jan 14, 2002
    South Dakota, USA
    Yes they are beautiful! Takes a Heck of a lot of processing power though! The iMac G5 chugs right through and gets them rendered, but it lets you know it is working full force by the sound of the fans!!!
  15. Dark Lain macrumors member

Dark Lain

Apr 29, 2005
    GraphicConverter 5.1 keeps crashing every time I try to open an image file.
  16. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    The Dashboard translator tool doesn't work for me anymore. It did upon installation, but once I restarted my computer, it stopped.

I believe it has something to with the fact that I was trying to translate from English --> Japanese/Chinese for sh*ts and giggles. After I translated things like "How are you?" to check and see if it translated correctly, I pressed the "language switch" button which switched the translation to Chinese-->English. Since the input method is different, my Translator widget is stuck and I can't input anything. I've tried taking that widget off and putting it back on, but that didn't help.

Not sure if its a bug, but I'd like to show it off to some Japanese friends of mine and I can't!! :mad:
  17. Dave Marsh macrumors regular

Jul 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
  18. mickhyperion macrumors regular

Jul 20, 2004
    In Panther, after opening iCal the current date pops into the icon and remains until you restart the computer. It always defaults back to July 17 after restarting.
  19. Peace macrumors P6

Apr 1, 2005
    Space--The ONLY Frontier
    Finder Bug

When the finder window is open to the desktop.I drag a widget from the desktop ( within the finder window ) to the HD>Library>Widgets folder in the sidebar and place the widget there.Now it's impossible to click on the desktop in the sidebar and have it show the desktop..
    Confusing?? :)
  20. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

Nov 19, 2003
    Yeah they are nice, just pisses me off they take such a powerful processor to run smoothly. My 933 iBook G4 can't handle them very well and neither can my roommate's 1.5+ ghz Powerbook.
  21. R.Youden macrumors 68020

Apr 1, 2005
    Tiger now "suppports" my S700i but to send SMS I still have to use the hack and iSync crashed on my PowerMac but not my PowerBook! Strange. I may have to get disk utilities out, the girlfriend is awy for the weekend so I need something to do!
  22. aswitcher macrumors 603

Oct 8, 2003
    Canberra OZ
    Yeah, it would be nice if they released some in between QT7 stuff using the new codec
  23. Panoctopi macrumors member

Apr 27, 2005
    Dashboard Ripples

Not really a big deal, still... anyone else's dashboard not showing ripple effect when launching a new widget? I sure would like show this off!
  24. ebally macrumors regular

Aug 18, 2004
    London, UK
    Yeah, I thought they said they were going to change the iCal icon, so it remembers the current date at all times (and not only when you open and close iCal). But in turn, they have made it worse, as now the current date is only shown when iCal is running, and it just reverts back to the 17th of July once you've quit the application.
  25. ebally macrumors regular

Aug 18, 2004
    London, UK
    I am affraid that the ripple effect only works with certain graphics cards.