Tiger Delievery Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CubaTBird, Apr 17, 2005.

1. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

So if i order tiger now.. will it be at my doorstep on april 29? :confused:

2. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

My pre-order of Tiger says "delivery by 4/29/05" which means they will ship out a few days prior to the 29th. I suppose some shipments won't make that date due to logistics, but I bet most will, including So-Cal.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Is there a particular reason you're asking? Apple's store site still says delivered by 4/29 for me. Also that is what I got on my order confirmation on Thursday. I'm guessing, though, that the window will close on this sometime this week, although I guess I could see Apple extending it until the point where they would have to pay for free two-day, in order to be able to report a larger "xxxx thousand users upgraded by pre-order" statistic to the business community....

4. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....every time I have ordered the OS with the free delivery on the release date I have received it on the release date...and that is a few times now!.....oh yeah!

5. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

......and of course there's chance you will get it many hours before 6PM like the others. :cool:

6. vieoray macrumors regular

when i placed my order i remember seeing a cut-off date for delivery on the 29th, seems like you had to order by the 25th to get delivery on the 29th.

7. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I hope I get mine early enough to load it on my PB and take it to wait in line for the 6.00p release. Yes, I'm going to the release event even though I pre-ordered it. I'll probably buy iLife '05 while I'm there.

8. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

Heh... just ordered my copy of Tiger today and got a ship date of On or before 04/28/2005. Everytime I order software from Apple, it arrives within 24 hours (Oakland).

9. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

ok so im gonna order it on monday the 25th... it should still come by the 29th?

10. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

If you're going to pre-order it, why wait until the 25th??

11. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

funds related....

12. ifjake macrumors 6502a

makes sense. i'm just hoping it arrives early on friday. campus mail can sometimes take their time with packages. i'm considering canceling the order and just picking it up myself at the applestore. actually... i'm going to go do that.

13. vieoray macrumors regular

your credit card won't be charged until it ships. better to order early than to be disappointed to find out you've missed the cut-off and be stuck with waiting for a copy over the weekend when its already in stores.

14. Balin64 macrumors 6502a

Balin64

I get mine on release date

The last 3 OS upgrades I have ordered have all arrived on the release date. Apple is good about that. The only bummer is that's my girlfriend's birthday too... no geeking out on Friday night! Oh well, I'll take the 'ol hmmmm hawwwm instead... :D