tiger design??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by BuckWright, Feb 8, 2005.

1. BuckWright macrumors member

2. vtprinz macrumors 6502

Is that a Tiger design or remnants of the old Jaguar design? hard to tell if it's spotted or striped on such a small toolbar, but it seems oddly familiar to me, which made me think Jaguar

3. sbb155 macrumors 6502

everyone knows that it will be announced by March 31st. There have been so many out and out clues. I think it is essentially a no brainer. Everyone who bought a mini or updated PB is going to be out $129 for Tiger. My advice: wait until last week of march. No brainer.

4. Brize macrumors 6502a

Brize

Yep, that looks like a Jaguar pattern to me as well.

5. BuckWright thread starter macrumors member

yeah, y'all are right

I didn't think about Jaguar, but tangentially related....Does the faxing feature work well?

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That was my first thought also. Thought the design looked like Jaguar. Either way we are one day closer to knowing for sure. I'm wondering if we will see the Tiger coat look used?

7. timmyb macrumors 6502

I know about the amazon one, but what are the others?

8. russed macrumors 68000

russed

surely they would have got rid of all their jaguar advertising? it looks like tiger to me.

with regards to the other clues, in their presentations and somewhere in the spotlight showcase there are about 3 or 4 results that come up with the same date.

9. sbb155 macrumors 6502

exactly. Several DIFFERENT sources say March 31st. It is going to happen. Come on, it is set. No need to even speculate.

10. russed macrumors 68000

russed

in all fairness i wouldnt say it is! it hasnt even gone beta yet. would you put your house (or most valuable posession) on it?? i dont htink apple are the kind of company that are into putting out "secret" messages like that!

11. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I would have gone GM by now, and it hasn't. If it comes out March 31st it will not be a ready and stable OS. Not yet. March 31st is just a default time. There's another one at the end of June, but it just marks the middle of the year.

It may happen, but it is certainly not a no-brainer just based on a couple of books being released. As noted when Panther was released, Amazon had no prior knowledge. I expect it to be done by WWDC, but probably sooner.

12. devman macrumors 65816

devman

Such as?