Tiger discussions

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by brap, Apr 19, 2005.

1. brap macrumors 68000

Since it's now "out", people are starting discusisons about this and that, and posting screenies and such of their new toy...

It'd be good to know where the MR staff stand on this, with perhaps some ground rules being set of what's taboo and what's not -- if only to clarify the implied etiquette of "Sort it out yourself until it's legal".

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I dont see the problem here. We could just head down to the Apple store, play around for an hour, and discuss.

3. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I was at the Apple store in Newark, DE and they said they won't have any copies of Tiger until the 28th.

4. brap thread starter macrumors 68000

True, true. I was rather meaning threads of this kind of nature. Surely there's a difference between rumours, which we're all about, and blatant piracy discussions.

5. TMA macrumors 6502a

TMA

I don't think Tiger will be installed on demo machines yet. It's not arrived with UK Resellers (not at our company anyway) and I don't think Apple will want people playing with it yet until people can buy it

Tiger has been announced, it's not out yet.

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I don't think there is any problem talking about it.

Just do not post links or hints as to where these obviously pirated copies are obtained, and we will all be happy :)

7. brap thread starter macrumors 68000

Cool, just curious where the line was.

:)

8. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Our Apple rep was scheduled to come in and do a Tiger demo for our copywriters/merchandisers tomorrow and he's postponed it until next week because there are 'no official UK demo installs yet'

9. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

As edesignuk explained, you may not post links to or instructions for obtaining Tiger or other software illegally. MacRumors does not encourage or support illegal sharing of software or breaking of license agreements or NDAs. Posts giving assistance to those looking for or using bootleg software will be treated as forum rule violations. Posts talking about the issue of bootlegging (such as this post) are acceptable.

Discussion of Tiger features is acceptable and an obvious topic of interest to forum members.

10. quackattack macrumors 6502a

quackattack

Seems fair. Glad there is a clear policy on this issue.