Tiger does TV

Discussion in 'macOS' started by davidwells, May 18, 2005.

1. davidwells macrumors newbie

davidwells

Has anyone noticed this yet?

When I first got my Mac Mini, I hooked it direct DVI-to-DVI to my 32" Sony 4:3 HD monitor. It worked, but with inches of overscan (ie- no menu bar, no dock.) So back to the boy's room the Mini went. After the Tiger upgrade, I was curious to see if anything Mac-to-TV had changed.

It did.

Tiger recognized my Sony TV as a monitor in the pref pane! (cool)
    [​IMG]
    (click for larger pic)

The OPTIONS tab has an "Overscan" check box. Uncheck it and Menu and Dock return! Woohoo, HomeTheaterMac at last!!

Now I got to shell out $30 for QT Pro so I can get full-screen videos...
    :p

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

The Overscan feature is available in Panther as well. It may be in Tiger, the option is selected by default.

3. Zaty macrumors 65816

Yes, Tiger now allows you to choose higher resolutions on TVs than the standard TV resolution (even if you use a S-Video connection)!

4. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

To be honest, I've gotten TV's to work with Tiger, but I had an easier time with them in Panther. Sigh, I feel like all I'm doing is bashing Tiger in these Forums, when the truth is I really like it, I've just been having lots of problems that I didn't use to (internet, tv, programs won't quit, etc). But I love spotlight, dashboard, and all the rest. Anyway, to the topic, yeah, Tiger works with TV's, watched a movie on a TV through my computer a couple days ago.