Tiger dosent support FCP4.5?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by illegalprelude, Sep 11, 2005.

1. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

hey you guys. I was hoping to buy tiger soon and i was bored and scrolling through apple's site and looked at reviews for kicks on Tiger and I saw somebody mentioning this

Do not upgrade to Tiger if you intend to continue using Final Cut Pro 4.5, Motion1.1, or DVD Studio Pro 3. Tiger will force you to spend another $499 to continue editing. If you made the mistake of buying the Academic version, Apple will charge you $... Read more >699 for the upgrade. Tiger does not support 4.5 or Motion in any professional way.

...???? I have FCP4? or 4.5 (not sure, not on my Mac at the moment, either way mines is 4 something and the HD version)

what does the person mean by upgrading and such? :confused:

2. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

I assume they mean Tiger does not support FCP4, and therefore one must buy FCPStudio....

...just a guess.

3. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

Works fine for me...

Attached Files:

• fcp.jpg
      fcp.jpg
      File size:
      179 KB
      Views:
  4. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

I've been Using FCP 4.5 with tiger since it came out last april; without a hitch... and I'd think someone would have put in more thought than to let the OS have issues with pricey PRO software ...

-I'm pretty sure someone is just posting bull on their site.

5. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

I've seen plenty of people over on Apple's Final Cut Pro Discussion board reporting that they're using FCP 4.5 (and the rest of the Production Suite) under Tiger and it's working just fine.

6. illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

oh ok. Thanks for the heads up.

Another question, I have FCP (4.5 on my mac now so i can check :D ) and all my other programs and such, and I dont have to re-install any of them correct? Tiger just installs over panther and such but all my folders and programs and what not stay as they were?

Thanks in advance ^_^