Tiger DVD??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Texas04, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

I cant find my Tiger CD, but I do have one mac, a G4 iMac 847 GHZ it think (jus got it loaned to me) and it has the Mac OSX Tiger DVD on it. I was wondering if there was a way that I could use the files in there on my old iMac G3 to install Tiger on it... Was thinking about moving it to a CD or a pen drive, what do you guys think would be the best way to put Tiger on my older iMac? And What Files will I need? It has a bunch :confused:

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

3. Texas04 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Texas04

I got the computer and I bought the disk... but I can see your point... well imma go digg around for that dumb disk again...

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Since iPods can boot osx I would think that it is indeed possible to just transfer files. Not sure which though besides the main ones. But I do think it is doable, just not too sure about the legal aspects of it, but yea if I were you, I'd be tempted to do it as well since you did buy the disc earlier. For this I would recommend hooking up the two comps via ethernet cable

5. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...it is not whether you can find the disc that makes it important legally - it is whether or not you have that slip of paper that entitles you to install the OS - do you still have the Tiger box and just can't find the disc?....oh yeah!