Tiger Family Pack - How many discs?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by KLJennings, Apr 28, 2005.

1. KLJennings macrumors member

Has anybody received the Tiger Family Pack? And if so; how many discs are there? 5? One for each license? Or just 1?

Kevin

2. SeminalGeek macrumors newbie

Panther had 1 set of install disks in the family pack. :cool:

3. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

1 dvd, with a license agreement that says 5 machines in 1 household owned by family members or the same person, so on and so forth. so if you expect to buy the family pack and get 5 dvd's 1 for each of you and your friends, you're outta luck.

4. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...hasn't this issue been dealt with in other threads several times already? You get one set of disks. The only difference between the Family Pack and the standard single licence retail package is the inclusion of a sheet of paper as an addendum to the license agreement. If, as per the Family Pack agreement, all the computers are in the same household, there is no need for 5 sets of install disks.....oh yeah!

5. shambolic macrumors regular

Not that I have the family pack, but it would make sense to ship at least two DVDs in the box.

Why?

For those folks who have a mixture of DVD and CD machines - the media exchange program requires relinquishing the original Tiger DVD, which seems a little unfair for Family Pack buyers.

(I know, the alternative in this case is to use Firewire Target mode to install onto the CD-only machines, but that's more of a community-suggested workaround than a method that Apple openly advocates)

My expectation however is that the box has just one DVD. By now there should be at least a few MR members who can tell us for sure..