Tiger feature hidden in Panther . . . ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tonywalker23, Sep 12, 2004.

1. tonywalker23 macrumors regular

maybe i am wrong but i think i have found something that i havent seen anyone talk about:
    in the keynote a few days back graping calculator was said to return with the release of tiger. i then typed "tiger mac os x graphing calculator" into google. i then found a site that said you had to enable it first (in tiger) and the intructions given are already in panther, so technically the feature that is going to be realesed in tiger, we can already use it. unless the new one will be updated or something. go to the site below to see where i got this from and this guy gets credit.
    Do Get Info for Calculator in the Finder, choose Plug-ins, and add ".calcview" stuff from Calculator>Contents>Resources. They then show up in Calculator's View menu.
    http://insti.physics.sunysb.edu/~siegel/x.shtml

ps: if this is well known and i am just late catching on, please do not reply saying how stupid i am or anything like that. i do not have the time to read 20 different mac forums a day.

tony
    homepage.mac.com/tonywalker23

2. FredAkbar macrumors 6502a

FredAkbar

3. IDANNY macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

Same here

The same for me I didnt know that thanks for the tip

4. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Yes, it has been some time ago that someone came with that tip here, nevertheless is a great feature for some fast calculations...

5. kant macrumors 6502