Tiger Final Build #??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mocman, Apr 29, 2005.

1. mocman macrumors regular

System Version: Mac OS X 10.4 (8A425)
    Kernel Version: Darwin 8.0.0
    Boot Volume: Macintosh Powermac G5 Hardrive!
    Computer Name:

I heard that the final version was supposed to be (8A428) Has anyone else had this version. I purchased via retail???? If not I need to return over the weekend.........Thanks

2. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

That's NOT the GM. Are you in Asia, by any chance? Unless there has been a huge snafu, that no one else has noticed yet, you bought a pirated copy.

Edit: Yes, 8A428 is the final retail build.

3. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

Apple has ONLY made retail copies of 8A428... all other previous builds were distributed through download only to ADC members (except for the first WDCC build, which was a pressed copy).

Sounds like you purchased it from a shady dealer... Dont know what to tell you... 8A425 is not going to allow you to update the OS when updates are released.

4. mocman thread starter macrumors regular

I put a call in to the guy that I purchased it from. No return call yet. I think that I am going to reinstall panther now. Thanks

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Ummm...the "guy" you purchased it from? Is Tiger officially on sale in retail stores where you are? It isn't here, until 6PM.... Well, actually, I guess it might be at non-Apple stores. Not sure about that. Anyway, though, it sounds fishy to me. I hope you didn't get scammed! :(

6. David Lundgren macrumors member

Apparently you got a greymarket version, but why bother reinstalling Panther? You're gonna need to get the retail Tiger anyhow, so you might as well do so, archive and install that, and then go deal with the source for the "bad" version. If they don't want to give you your money back, you could always sic Apple on them!

7. mocman thread starter macrumors regular

Still Waiting........I am going down to the store tonite. If I get the retail ver do I need to archive and install???? Or will it be best to do a fresh install....Thanks Again....I will keep all posted tonite......